On Lok PACE
We are a non-profit committed to our participants.
Dedicated to The Care of Elders:
PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) was developed to answer the many problems around caring for frail seniors. The PACE model is centered on the belief that it is better for the well-being of seniors with chronic care needs and their families to be served in their community whenever possible.
Seniors, their family members, and caregivers face many issues, including transportation to appointments, management of medications, coordination of medical care from different specialists, lack of social interaction, and ability to stay alone at home. On Lok PACE participants receive in home care services and transportation to a On Lok PACE center for primary medical care, social and recreational activities, and other senior care services.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career!
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction and supervision of the Director, Business Planning and Regulatory Affairs, interpreter/translator provides interpreter and translation services for participants,
as requested or necessary.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides interpretation services, including medical terminology
2. Regular document translation of non-legally binding documents, e.g., training, medical appointments, and participant communication
3. Works directly with team members at On Lok and participants
4. Coordinates scheduling at different centers where services are needed
5. Fulfills all administrative requirements, including record keeping, participating at meetings, satisfaction surveys, etc.
6. All other reasonably related jobs as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS (knowledge, skills, abilities):
1. Bilingual, in either Cantonese, Mandarin, or Spanish
2. English fluency required (verbal/written); bilingual capability (verbal/written) required for specific assignments
3. Certified in providing health care interpretation preferred
4. Interest demonstrated ability and/or experience in working with the elderly
5. Ability to work within a diverse team
6. Professional, flexible and resourceful
7. Discreet, conscientious and respectful of participants’ health information
8. Culturally sensitive
9. Computer literate
10. Requires travel to different center locations
On Lok’s Employee Benefits include (eligible for any position for 20 hr/wk or more):
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan 403(b) and Term Life/AD&D Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account, Commuter Checks, MLA scholarships, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Pet Insurance and additional discounts
- Holidays (10 per year), vacation time, sick leave, and long-term disability insurance
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and state and federal laws (including federal PACE requirements at 42 CFR 460.64(a); 460.68(a), we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
On Lok is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy), race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, age, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
If you require reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions and/or to receive other terms, privileges or benefits of employment please contact Recruitment ([email protected]).
Click Here To Apply