“Together we create opportunities that change lives.”
Provides services to clients in accordance with the State Nurse Practice Act, agency policy, and accepted professional standards of practice. The LPN visiting nurse provides nursing services utilizing a comprehensive base of nursing theory and nursing process, and communicates/documents observations and assessments. The role will also include offering assistance to RN case managers, by keeping them informed of changes in patient status, progress toward goals, and any other pertinent information. Responsible for the outcome of applicable QA/OBQI studies. Reviews all processes on a yearly basis to assure those processes are current and within or exceeding guidelines.
- Active participant in quality improvement programs ie improving HH-CAHPS scores and Home Health Compare scores
- Adheres to nursing conduct standards as defined by the state.
- Communicates effectively and in accordance with agency requirements.
- Reports significant changes in client status to the physician and CM and other members of the team that are involved in direct care in a timely manner consistent with client needs.
- Maintains client records showing systematic assessment, planning intervention, and evaluation.
- Documents legibly and according to agency documentation guidelines and standards.
- Consistently demonstrates competency with technical nursing skills according to personal and legal scope of practice:
- Assessment skills as applied to the client, family/support system, and environment.
- Teaching skills according to the client’s needs and within the context of the client’s environment, value system, and physical/emotional status.
- Medication management and teaching.
- Practices nursing with respect for individual, cultural, and spiritual differences.
- Initiates actions to improve the quality of patient care. Takes appropriate actions independently and responsively in home care situations. Initiates referrals as needed to other health team members when delegated by the case manager.
- As requested, assists with QA/OBQI functions, and is responsible for the outcome of applicable studies.
- Evaluates all applicable processes on a yearly basis with appropriate staff to assure those processes are within current guidelines and accepted national practices.
- Promotes personal safety and a safe environment for clients and coworkers.
- Demonstrates knowledge of safety/infection control practices by compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Recognizes and responds appropriately to potentially unsafe situations.
- Demonstrates safe practice in the use of equipment.
- Assesses safety of environment and takes initiative to help prevent accidents and promote safety.
- Communicates safety concerns to Clinical Coordinator or Senior Director Clinical Services.
- Willing to work weekends and holidays when scheduled.
- Ability to move independently or with reasonable accommodation within the facility and community.
- Applicant must be physically and mentally able to perform all requirements of the job.
- Applicant must pass background and DMV check
- Associate’s degree
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- 0-2 years
- Experience in geriatrics helpful.
- Current LPN licensure in the State of Montana
- Current CPR certification
Easterseals-Goodwill offers a comprehensive & competitive benefits package including:
- Medical, Vision, Dental and Voluntary Products
- 401(k) Retirement Plan + up to 4% contribution
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Flexible Spending + Health Savings Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Wellness Program
- 10% Discount on ESGW Services
- 20% Discount at Goodwill Stores
Easterseals-Goodwill is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from the disabled, minorities, women, and veterans of the U.S. armed services. ESGW will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Click Here To Apply