About the Job:
As a key member of the store management team, the responsibilities of the Food Service Manager include providing exceptional customer service, leading by example, driving sales by effectively merchandizing fresh product in the department and building a productive staff through team work and effective recruiting and training. Food Service Managers are responsible for achieving or exceeding the overall department financial projections, weekly and annually, through sound business practices contributing to the profitability of the store.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide and promote exceptional customer service at all times in support of the company mission to Run the Best Store in Town!
- Lead by example and set the standard for customer service, associate relations, cleanliness, sanitation, professional appearance, and overall profitability
- Maintain a positive attitude; create an atmosphere of friendliness and fun through flexibility and teamwork.
- Generate a positive, friendly, and fun working environment with a customer first initiative by encouraging associates to greet and speak to customers, provide prompt, courteous, and efficient customer service.
- Interact professionally with management team, associates, supervision, and customers
- Manage inventory and labor costs in the department through proper sales projection planning
- Responsible for overall staffing of Food Service Department by following Best Practice Guidelines for Recruiting, Selecting, Hiring, Orienting, Training, and Developing value added Food City Associates, and maintaining adequate staffing levels
- Ensure work schedules are posted timely and per company requirements to ensure adequate staffing for weekly sales projections and customer service levels
- Provide Food Service Department associates with training and development in required skills and areas of job responsibilities
- Implement and enforce all marketing programs and merchandising plans including plan-o-grams
- Prepare work schedule that adheres to engineered labor standard guidelines
- Complete all department paperwork adhering to Model Store standards including annual performance reviews including periodic department inventory
- Communicate on a regular basis with the store manager, department managers, and all Food Service associates providing them with information or instruction
- Follow and implement all policies and procedures including all local, state, and federal regulations as it pertains to the Food Service department
- Inspect and rotate product on a regular basis while maintaining close dated items on Electronic Short Date List
- Maintain a clean and safe department according to company standards utilizing Sanitation schedules and daily to-do lists
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience
- 3 years experience in Food Service Department operations
- Must be able to resolve differences and diffuse difficult situations (customers and associates) through diplomatic means
- Must be knowledgeable in various training methods
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and/or written instructions, perform routine and repetitive tasks, and have constant contact/interaction with various levels of individuals on a daily basis
- Flexibility in work hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills
- Must be able to lead by example to give Food City Customers their best shopping experience
- Knowledge of Food City policies and procedures
- Expertise of all job duties associates must perform in each area of responsibility
- Ability to attend on-site work during scheduled shifts to adhere to company time and attendance policies
Benefits of working for Food City:
401(k) with company match, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, Weekly Pay Checks with Direct Deposit, Company paid Life and Disability Insurance, Medical Plan with wellness benefits, Dental Plan, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacations, Associate Offers, and so much more!
About Food City:
Food City is a privately held, family-owned company with a driving mission to “run the best store in town.” Dedicated to giving back to the communities we serve, we encourage our associates to get involved with their local civic organizations. We consider our associates to be our greatest asset. Over 13% of the company is currently owned by our associates through our employee stock ownership plan, promoting tremendous pride in the services and products we provide. Whether your passion is baking, accounting, or trucking, Food City has a promising career opportunity for you. We offer flexible schedules to ensure our associates have ample time to spend with family and friends. If you’re looking for a great career or the opportunity to try something different, consider becoming part of the Food City family.
Brand: Food City
Address: 3715 Ringgold Road Chattanooga, TN – 37412
Property Description: 710 – East Ridge – 3715 Ringgold Rd
Property Number: 710
Click Here To Apply