Snoqualmie Valley Hospital is nestled in a picturesque location within easy access to the I90 corridor. We are a short commute from Seattle and surrounding communities. You will be minutes from all the best recreation the PNW has to offer.
Being a part of, Snoqualmie Valley Hospital, means you will be working with compassionate, dedicated and knowledgeable healthcare professionals. We strive daily to live out our Core Values of Trust, Integrity, Innovation, Collaboration and Quality. This is a facility where you are known by your name, and managers and executives work to support you, as you strive to reach your career goals.
Come Join Our Team!
OBJECTIVE SUMMARY: Manages plans, and implements fiscal services and functions to support hospital programs and fiscal objectives of the hospital district. Departments and functions include general accounting, budget, and financial analysis, accounts payable, payroll processing and financial reporting. Provides direction concerning the Hospital’s financial affairs, development of operating policies and procedures, Hospital district needs and priorities
- Supervise, Accounts Payable staff, Assistant Controller, and Payroll Staff
- Supervise all accounting transactions related to the general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, purchasing, and fixed assets.
- Prepares periodic financial reports outlining the district’s financial position in all areas of assets, liabilities, cash flow, income and expense based on past, present and future operations.
- Analyze monthly revenue data all revenues, contractual allowances, visits volumes, and related metrics.
- Primary interface with all auditors; this includes the District’s CPA firm and all regulatory auditors.
- Primary interface with District’s Cost Report prep firm. Oversee completion of Medicare and Medicaid Cost reports as required.
- Advises the Chief Financial Officer and the Board of Directors on financial issues. Reviews, interprets, analyzes and communicates financial reports and data to administration and the Board of Directors.
- Organizes functions of general accounting, payroll, accounts payable, budget/reimbursement.
- Assists the Chief Financial Officer planning financial policies/procedures for the institution to control the receipt of revenue, expenditure of funds and conservation of hospital assets.
- Develop tools to integrate financial system data into effective financial and operational management reporting tools. Build queries and reports to better understand organizational data needs.
- Support productivity management through measurement processes including target setting, and in consideration of benchmarking data.
- Develops annual budget and reporting tools for financial forecasting, providing a standard of measurement so the actual performance may be measured. Supports the management staff in the development of their departmental budgets.
- Attends required meetings and participates on committees as required.
- Participates in professional activities, Maintains professional affiliations to keep abreast of current trends and changes in legislation healthcare administration and finance.
- Contributes to the fiscal expertise of the management team through training programs and individual consultation.
- Ensures compliance with all fiscally-related requirements relevant to public hospital districts as well as other local, state and federal laws and regulation.
- Manages projects as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer and other executive staff
- Perform all duties in a manner that promotes the mission, values and vision of Snoqualmie Value Hospital
- Performs other duties as required/directed to assure department and District needs are met.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
PREFERRED EDUCATION: MBA.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: Ten years of progressive financial management experience, including five years supervising full accounting staff
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS: Critical Access Hospital experience, CMA, CPA license or MBA preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Sitting for extended periods with periodic standing and moving around. Requires manual dexterity to operate a calculator and computer keyboard
REASONING ABILITY: Must be able to manage compile, interpret, and analyze large volumes of information. Must be able to reconcile and resolve differences and irregularities. Requires excellent PC database, spreadsheet, and word processing skills, have the ability to analyze financial data, accurately process information, perform root cause analysis on discovered issues and understand complex transactions.
OTHER DUTIES – Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Click Here To Apply