The Director, Advancement and Campaigns is a leader on the LBCC Foundation Development Team and reports directly to the Foundation Executive Director. The Director is a critical frontline fundraiser for the LBCC Foundation and personally manages a portfolio of 200 mid-level and major gift prospects. The Director will manage a team of three advancement professionals.
In collaboration with the Executive Director, the Director is responsible for successfully achieving the contributed revenue goals for the LBCC Foundation comprehensive campaign, currently anticipated to be $20 million. The Director will develop and implement a fundraising and donor strategy that effectively moves existing and prospective donors from identification to solicitation. This strategy is results-oriented and aligns with the mission and vision of the organization.
The Director will enhance development operations to assure high standards of quality, accuracy, and transparency around donor information, reporting, acknowledgments, and policy and procedures related to significant fundraising campaigns. The Director also supports the expansion of the donor pipeline to achieve annual and major gift philanthropic support to the LBCC Foundation.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work collaboratively with the Foundation Executive Director, Board of Governors, Executive Committee, Superintendent-President of LBCC, and Campaign Committees to develop and a strategic direction and implement an annual development plan for the Foundation with measurable goals and objectives.
- Develop thorough knowledge and understanding of LBCC.
- Develop internal relationships with LBCC’s key leadership as well as external relationships with LBCC constituents, including alumni, faculty and staff, students, local and regional foundations business community, and donors.
- Develop transparency and a strong working relationship with members of the Foundation Board and staff.
- Work collaboratively with Foundation Executive Director to ensure that the budget, staff, and priorities are aligned with the Foundation’s core mission and that both the BOG and staff are engaged in meeting Foundation goals and objectives.
- Provide professional leadership, strategic direction and supervision for the Director of Alumni Relations and Events, Development Manager – Foundation and Grants, and Development Coordinator.
- Create and implement prospect management strategy and protocol and interact with Development staff regarding the tracking and reporting of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities.
- Understand Foundation operations and business strategies.
- Understand LBCC core programs, including student needs and College priorities.
- Understand the purpose of community colleges and the higher education landscape.
- Attend meetings as directed by Executive Director.
- Assists with developing and managing the growth of an efficient and effective comprehensive campaign and development program by establishing annual and long-term strategic fundraising activities and goals.
- Work with Executive Director and staff to plan, direct, manage, expand, diversify, and implement fundraising activities to achieve goals successfully.
- Cultivate a portfolio of priority prospects, mid-level, and major gift donors.
- Collaborate with Executive Director to ensure alignment of Foundation focus with College priorities and goals.
- Provide professional leadership and direction to direct reports including coaching, mentoring and evaluating.
- Engage and assist in recruiting BOG Members and Foundation Volunteer Leadership.
- Act as a representative of the Foundation to internal and external organizations and constituencies.
- Fundraising skills and ability to meet or exceed annual fundraising goals.
- Principles and practices of foundation development and administration related to all advancement areas, including campaigns, grants and alumni relations, budgeting, contractual agreements, employee supervision, and evaluation, office administration, and database management.
- Aptitude for delegating and fostering responsibility and accountability in others.
- Experience working with volunteers, non-profits, and community-based organizations.
- Flexibility, initiative and the ability to work independently, combined with the skills for thriving in a team environment to achieve institutional goals.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to create effective and compelling donor materials.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the ability to work collaboratively and courteously with Foundation and College colleagues, alumni, and other constituents, the public, and the community.
- Excellent time management skills and a commitment to serving the college community.
- Must demonstrate integrity, honesty, confidentiality and ethics in the performance of duties.
- Availability to work nights and weekends.
- Ability to travel and work evening and weekend hours as needed.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required and graduate degree preferred.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) preferred.
- 5-10 years of management experience.
- A proven record in comprehensive fundraising and resource development, financial management, and strategic planning.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
Valid California driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to the Foundation for insurance purposes.
Full time, $70,000-$90,000 annual.
Medical/Dental/Vision. 401K plan with company match. 2-year vesting.
Send resume and cover letter in pdf format to [email protected]
Application deadline is May 7, 2021. Position starts July 1, 2021.
Click Here To Apply