Edgerton Care Center is a not-for-profit, highly respected provider of short-term rehabilitation and long-term care. Our Therapists are in-house, providing inpatient and outpatient therapy services. We have a reputation for providing quality care to seniors in the Madison, Janesville and surrounding communities. To learn more about Edgerton Care Center, please visit our website at www.edgertoncarecenter.org.
We currently have an openings for PRN OccupationalTherapy Assistants. We’re seeking therapists to provide coverage during vacations, holidays and on weekends. With the ever changing Medicare and Commercial Insurance systems, we are in need of consistent coverage to meet the needs and expectations of our customers. We strive to provide evaluations on the same day as admissions as well as on weekends and holidays. Our Patients Come First at Edgerton Care Center!
If you’re interested in working with an interdisciplinary team of professionals where you are a valued team member, this opportunity is for you!
We Offer a Competitive Wage and a Comprehensive Benefit Package to Eligible Employees that Includes::
- Flexible schedules
- Insurance (health, dental, vision, life, short-term disability, accident, etc.) for eligible positions
- 401k (with company match)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Generous Paid Time Off
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Attends and contributes to patient care, staffing conferences and other required meetings as a representative of physical therapy, under the direction of the physical therapist.
- Meets patient care hours (PCH) requirement for your rehab gym, or as directed by Program Manager.
- Works with other members of the rehabilitation team to implement programs and activities consistent with the needs and capabilities of each patient.
- Acts as an assistant to the Physical Therapist when the Physical Therapist is performing tests, evaluations, and complex procedures.
- Instructs patients, families and other caregivers in the skills and techniques of the physical therapy treatment program under the supervision of the Physical Therapist.
- Maintains appropriate and timely documentation for all patients treated.
- Cleans, maintains, identifies, and reports the need for repair of equipment, as necessary.
- Puts Patient Service First: Ensures that patients and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals’ needs and rights.
- Implements patients individualized treatment plan as established by the primary Physical Therapist.
- Provides individualized physical therapy treatments including but not limited to:
- therapeutic exercise including aerobic capacity conditioning, balance coordination,
- agility training, body mechanics and postural stabilization, flexibility exercises, gait and
- locomotion training, neuromotor development training, relaxation, strength, power,
- and endurance training
- functional training
- manual therapy
- airway clearance techniques
- integumentary repair and protection
- use of electrotherapeutic, physical agent and mechanical modalities
- organizes and facilitates treatment groups in collaboration with the physical therapist.
Qualification and Experience Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapist Assistant Program certified by the American Physical Therapy Association
- Licensed and/or eligible for licensure as required by the state of Wisconsin
- Must have good communication skills
- Good organizational skills and time management skills
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English
- Prior experience as a PTA (Preferred)
Click Here To Apply