Fair Haven Community Health Care (FHCHC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FHCHC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
For nearly 50 years, we have been a health care leader in our community focused on providing excellent, affordable primary care to all patients, regardless of insurance status or ability to pay. Fair Haven is proud to have a diverse and motivated team of professionals who are constantly seeking ways to enhance and improve the health and well-being of all patients.
It’s an exciting time for FHCHC. We are growing and looking for great talent to join us! If you are a passionate, caring professional interested in improving the health of our community, we’d like to know more about you.
Fair Haven Community Health Care
FHCHC is a forward-thinking, dynamic, and exciting community health center that provides care for multiple generations at nearly 80,000 office visits in 14 locations. Overseen by a Board of Directors, the majority of whom are patients themselves, we are proud to offer a wide range of primary and specialty care services, as well as evidence-based patient programs to educate patients in healthy lifestyle choices. As we grow and are able to bring high-quality health care to more areas that need access, we continue to put our patients first in everything we do. The mission of FHCHC is “To improve the health and social well-being of the communities we serve through equitable, high quality, patient-centered care that is culturally responsive.”
This is a unique and exciting opportunity as FHCHC is about to double its current pediatric patients by virtue of a novel collaboration with its local academic health center. We believe that everyone should have access to high-quality medical and dental care, regardless of ability to pay.
To function as the lead person with direct responsibility for the day to day finance operations, and assists the VP of Finance with management of accounting records. To provide assistance to the VP of Finance and assure accurate and compliant financial operations at Fair Haven Community Health Clinic, Inc.
Duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the VP of Finance, the Controller will lead all day-to-day finance operations and assume oversight responsibility for accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and grants administration. The Controller will work closely with the VP of Finance to ensure that FHCHC has the systems and procedures in place to support effective program implementation and will review with the VP specific tasks on a periodic basis. Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage the monthly close and operating statement issuance as well as compilation and issuance of the Board financials as determined by VP of Finance.
- Prepare annual Medicare and Medicaid cost report for VP of Finance review and any required follow-up or resubmissions.
- Assist FHCHC selected audited firm with the annual audit; lead and coordinate with all Finance department members to assure annual audit is completed timely and assist with preparation of annual reports as necessary.
- Assist with annual preparation of UDS financial schedule and assist with review, update and implementation of FHCHC cost allocation plan.
- Manage the upkeep of asset inventory and depreciation schedule including monthly entries.
- Manage and track FHCHC leases and evaluation of their cost effectiveness. Recommend changes as necessary to VP of Finance.
- Manages the day to day procurement activities for the Center.
- Imports annual budget into accounting software and assures accuracy.
- Reconciles monthly bank statements.
- Performs the monthly Administrative cost allocation to all programs/departments.
- Perform general ledger maintenance and review and monthly balancing of cash accounts and patient receivables.
- Oversee grant staff to assure the accurate preparation of grant financial reports and their recording in accounting system. Assures maintenance and accuracy of the grant schedule for monthly and annual reporting.
- Attends meetings and trainings as requested by the VP of Finance.
- Other projects/responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, an advanced degree is highly preferred.
- A minimum of three years of experience in an accounting position is also required.
- A combination of education and experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- The selected candidate will have: additional coursework in accounting/finance; computer proficiency with knowledge of word processing, Excel and database reporting and functional knowledge of MIP or other nonprofit accounting software.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; impeccable analytical and organizational skills and the ability to work with senior management essential.
- Assists VP of Finance with direct oversight of all finance staff.
Category III—Low Risk Position
Generally works in an office environment with no exposure to bloodborne pathogens.
Physical Demands: Requires walking, bending, sitting, standing, writing, reading, telephone use, data input into computer, pulling medical records,
Mental Demands: Ability to cope with continual changing priorities under potentially stressful conditions
Manual Dexterity Required: Ability to use a keyboard, telephone.
American with Disabilities Requirements:
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job specific functions (listed within each job specific responsibility) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the organization on a case by case basis.
Fair Haven Community Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FHCHC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Click Here To Apply