UTHealth – UT Physicians Heights Multispecialty Clinic located in North Houston is hiring a Certified Community Health Worker to join their team of professionals. The Heights offers primary care for children, adolescents and adults and specialty care for adults, including endocrinology and cardiology.
Ideal candidate will be Bilingual (English/Spanish) with previous community health experience.
Work in coordination with physicians, nurses and clinical care team members to effectively provide patients with internal and external resources, and deliver patient education to address and improve preventative and clinical quality care outcomes.
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Establishes and maintains rapport with physicians, clinical and business staff and patients.
2. Responsible for conducting patient pre- visit planning procedures to identify gaps in care and reporting collected data and findings to the clinical care team to improve patient quality outcomes.
3. Gathers and documents demographic, insurance, health and social needs of patient to address barriers to care that may be affecting their medical condition.
4. Helps patients utilize resources in their area and assist with applications for eligible programs.
5. Educates patients and their families of clinical care team roles, expectations of patient centered medical home (PCMH) activities to manage their health conditions, and the importance of preventative health care. Motivates patients to be active, engaged participants in their health care.
6. Thoroughly documents patient encounter activities and follow up functions of resource distribution and referrals to resolve patient needs.
7. Maintains a comprehensive understanding of community needs, resources, services and programs available to advocate for patient needs and requests.
8. Continuously expands knowledge for professional growth and development to meet requirements to maintain State certification and skills competency that supports department goals.
9. Assists in the planning and/or facilitating of applicable health and wellness programs. Contacts patient to schedule and/or reschedule clinical/wellness program visits.
10. Maintains confidentiality per HIPAA guidelines in regards to patient information. Adheres to all policies, procedures and standards within the organization.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) – Certified CHW
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Must have ability to perform complex and diverse administrative duties that involve application of procedures and demonstrate appropriate judgment within the CHW scope of work.
High school diploma or GED.
One (1) year of relevant work experience in health, social worker or education. May substitute required experience with equivalent years of education beyond the minimum education requirement.
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently and/or a negligible amount constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215
Click Here To Apply