Catalent hires people with a passion to make a difference to the health of millions of people globally. Your expertise, coupled with Catalent’s advanced technologies and collaboration with thousands of innovative pharmaceutical, biotech and healthcare companies, will help bring life-enhancing products to the people you know and love. Your talents , ideas and passion are essential to our mission; to develop, manufacture and supply products that help people live better, healthier lives. Interested in learning more about life at Catalent? Start here
Associate Scientist, Downstream Process Development
The Downstream Process Development team is responsible for the development and implementation of downstream processing methodologies and analytical procedures that can be easily transferred to the cGMP Manufacturing Team. The process characterization function within the Downstream Process Development group will be responsible for the characterization of previously developed or transferred processes heading towards commercial manufacturing.
This is a permanent, full time position. It is an hourly role. The shift is Monday-Friday 8a-5p.
Our new, state of the art Madison, WI facility, with expanded mammalian cell line engineering and biomanufacturing capabilities utilizing single-use systems, offers increased flexibility and manufacturing scale to support our customers’ growth. We offer a broad range of integrated formulation and analytical services to solve your most difficult development challenges in Biologics.
Catalent is committed to a Patient First culture through excellence in quality and compliance, and to the safety of every patient, consumer and Catalent employee.
- Maintains organization and 5S standard in the development area
- Executes and documents 5S audits of laboratory space and updates areas as needed or requested
- Identifies and executes 5S improvement opportunities.
- Accurately completes routine and preventative maintenance on laboratory equipment
- works on projects involving innovation and process improvements.
- writes protocols and drafts reports.
- Displays knowledge of protein purification and analysis
- Designs experiments and analyzes data.
- Executes small and pilot scale purification experiments including automated chromatography (AKTA platform), filtration, clarification, column packing, and tangential flow filtration with a moderate degree of guidance
- Reviews production and development documents with a minor degree of guidance.
Education or Equivalent:
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM discipline with 1-3 years of related experience
- Maintain high quality laboratory documentation in accordance with applicable regulatory guidance and Site SOPs
- Ability to learn and retain technical information
- Proactively address work issues at both an individual level and a team level
- Executes routine laboratory procedures and methods with high quality. With a minimum degree of guidance.
- Ability to follow a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to moderately interpret. Proactively seek information to fill gaps in knowledge base.
- Defined career path and annual performance review and feedback process
- Diverse, inclusive culture
- Potential for career growth on an expanding team within an organization dedicated to preserving and bettering lives
- 19 days of paid time off annually + 8 paid holidays
- Competitive salary with yearly bonus potential
- Community engagement and green initiatives
- Generous 401K match and Paid Time Off accrual
- Medical, dental and vision benefits effective day one of employment
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On-site fitness center and wellness programs
Catalent’s standard leadership competencies that are used to interview and for Performance & Development:
- Leads with Integrity and Respect
- Delivers Results
- Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
- Champions Change
- Engages and Inspires
- Coaches and Develops
Catalent offers rewarding opportunities to further your career! Join the global drug development and delivery leader and help us bring over 7,000 life-saving and life-enhancing products to patients around the world. Catalent is an exciting and growing international company where employees work directly with pharma, biopharma and consumer health companies of all sizes to advance new medicines from early development to clinical trials and to the market. Catalent produces more than 70 billion doses per year, and each one will be used by someone who is counting on us. Join us in making a difference.
Catalent is committed to the health and safety of its employees, visitors and the customers and patients we serve. As a result of the global pandemic, we have modified many of our recruitment and on-boarding processes to maintain everyone’s safety. The Human Resources teams will communicate all necessary safety processes and procedures throughout each stage.
personal initiative. dynamic pace. meaningful work.
Visit www.catalent.com/careers to explore career opportunities.
C atalent is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email, and confirming your request for an accommodation and include the job number, title and location to [email protected] . This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be processed by a U.S. Catalent employee and then routed to a local recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: Catalent Pharma Solutions (Catalent) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Catalent employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Catalent. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.
Click Here To Apply