Swisher is a leading lifestyle brand for adult consumers headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida. Our superior customer relationships along with an unwavering commitment to innovative thinking and action have driven the company to grow and adapt for nearly 160 years. We have a passion for people and helping them build rewarding careers. If you’re ready to create excitement and drive what’s next in the industry, we’d love to hear from you.
Territory Sales Manager – Candidate must reside in the Seattle, WA area
The successful candidate will be responsible for calling on retail and wholesale accounts and managing an assigned sales territory comprised of retail stores, including independent and chain accounts and distributors within the assigned area. As a Territory Manager you will be responsible for developing positive working relationships with store managers and buyers by serving as the product expert on behalf of the entire Swisher portfolio of brands.
Overall Skills and Competencies
Selling Skills: Manage sales, distribution and in-store merchandising of Swisher brands within assigned territory. Present and sell trade initiatives to Swisher retail partners including promotions, new products and limited offers. Strive to meet or exceed monthly, quarterly and yearly new business and revenue goals. Present promotional plans and execute with key customers. The ability to understand customer needs and respond with win-win solutions. Call on chains to support the efforts of the National Account Team.
Organizational Skills: Must have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and follow up. Ability to prioritize and problem-solve to deliver results.
Product Knowledge: Complete understanding and knowledge of Swisher’s full product line and promotional offerings. Ability to use that knowledge to support Swisher sales growth initiatives. Translate that information to create selling messages to promote the sale of Swisher core brands and adjacency brands.
Category Management: Engage with our retail partners on category management initiatives and options that will help drive sales and improve business performance across the full line of Swisher brands. Recommend product placement and schematic options utilizing the tools available in the Swisher Space Planning System.
Data Collection: Collects store information and photos of store sets and enters the information into the Swisher Shield System.
Financial Responsibility: Responsible for managing and maintaining an established working capital fund with routine personal checks and balances to ensure funds are balanced and accounted for. Complete and submit accurate expense reports as required. Manage promotional funds and product inventory as needed/required.
Influencing: Influence and convince customers to share commitment to achieve mutually beneficial goals. Sells ideas convincingly and persuades others successfully in order to achieve goals.
Communication: Responsible for presenting in front of customers and creating compelling sales presentations in PowerPoint that demonstrate sales choices for stores and the positive features for all offers. Strong communication skills are required demonstrating confidence and strategic optimization for accounts.
Territory Manager Required Experience
- High school diploma. Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- 3+ years working in a sales capacity in a CPG company.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills. Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively.
- Enthusiastic and goal driven with the ability to follow-up and follow through proactively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to build relationships and work well with all levels of the organization and externally with customers and buyers.
- Proficiency with MS Office software (Excel, PowerPoint & Word).
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time, including as a driver or passenger in an automobile.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to utilize a computer keyboard, computer monitor, and telephone for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to visit and move around at convenience stores, warehouses, and other work sites, including the ability to climb a ladder or maneuver in tight or small places.
- Ability to lift, carry, and otherwise transport work-related materials that frequently weigh up to 25 lbs. and that may occasionally weigh in excess of 25 – 45 lbs.
- Ability and commitment to independently learn a vast product offering, with minimum supervision.
- Travel within geography/territory, up to 75% is required. Overnight travel/stays are required depending on your geographic location.
- Must successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen, credit and background check.
- Must be at least 21 years old and have a valid driver’s license with a favorable driving record.
- Manages special projects as assigned by Region Manager.
Base Salary: $48,000 + Incentives
Additional benefits include:
- All business & travel expenses paid, including meals
- Generous Defined Contribution Plan, Swisher contributes 8% of your salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life insurance offered
Swisher International is an Equal Employment Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Male/Female/Pro Disabled/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/ Veteran Employer
Swisher International, Inc. is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Job seekers with disabilities who require accommodation during the recruitment process or would like more details about accessibility should contact: [email protected]
Click Here To Apply