The Outside Sales Representative will grow sales and increase company profits by cultivating current customers and recruiting new customers in both an inside/outside sales capacity. The Representative will increase profitability by promoting products, and providing technical support within an assigned territory.
- Identify, contact, provide quotes, and close orders on potential and targeted customers.
- Increase sales and average order size by means of cross-selling, up-selling, add-on sales and offering promotional sales items as well as new products.
- Maintain and expand knowledge of Purvis products, so that these products can be presented professionally to our customers and potential customers.
- Obtain knowledge of competition’s pricing provided to customers, along with their products, financial data, sales numbers, and profit margins.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude at all times, while providing the best service in the industry to our customers.
- Participate with management in updating territory plan and set sales goals.
- Determine sales potential for new and existing customers through inquiry, observation or periodical research.
- Prepare and conduct sales presentations of products to new and existing customers.
- Determine customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products.
- Identify trends in customer satisfaction or dissatisfaction.
- Increase business and account base by finding and qualifying new business accounts using sales techniques to cross sell and up-sell.
- Maintain and improve customer relationships and satisfaction.
- Learn and apply new product knowledge to enhance sales and personal professionalism.
- Assist clients with special requests and problems (supply information, resolve complaints, etc.)
- Visit job sites as needed to measure or provide client services.
- Gather competitive information and other market information regularly while interacting cooperatively with other members of the distribution team.
- Negotiate and establish pricing and terms according to company’s requirements for customer and transaction profitability.
- Prepare and present quotations.
- Communicate to management unexpected increases or decreases in demand for products.
- Assist in scheduled physical inventory counts.
- Monitor customers’ current credit status.
- Remain current with changes in local codes and consumer preferences.
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- Remain current on product and industry knowledge by attending sales meetings, supplier training, trade shows, or reading trade journals.
- Practice honesty and integrity in customer and supplier relations.
- Maintain technical and computer capability to effectively use contact management, distribution and office software.
- Present a professional image at all times to customers and suppliers.
- Participate in trade association functions, and be active in local industry organizations.
- Demonstrated success meeting sales goals and growing sales.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of effective selling strategies and techniques.
- Delivers superior customer service.
- Effective listening, communication (verbal and written), and negotiation skills.
- Motivated self-starter, comfortable in fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards.
- Experience monitoring marketplace to identify business opportunities.
- Problem-solving and analytical ability.
- Professional demeanor.
- Team player who works productively with wide range of people.
- Strong project management and multi-tasking skills.
- Technical expertise and knowledge of company products.
- Judgment and decision-making ability.
- Manages time effectively and adapts quickly to changing priorities.
- Able to perform business math (basic algebra, compute rate, ratio, etc.)
- Superior organizational skills.
- Superior presentation/public speaking skills.
- Able to read engineering drawings and blueprints.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and distribution software.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Education: High school diploma (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Experience: Minimum 2 years in similar position (3 years preferred)
- Minimum 2 years in progressive position (3 years preferred)
- Product/ applications experience strongly preferred
Purvis Industries offers a professional environment with competitive salary plus commission, and benefits that include medical, dental/vision, Life, and 401k matching, as well as an aggressive vacation schedule. Purvis Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and promotes a drug free workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $50,000.00 per year
- Company car
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Associate (Preferred)
- Sales Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Store Manager
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Waiting period may apply
Click Here To Apply