The Office Manager/Human Resource Generalist supports and handles the administrative duties related to Human Resources for a specific location. In addition to the administrative duties, this person works on special projects for the location and region as directed by their manager.
Our full-time employees enjoy:
- Competitive Pay.
- 401(k) with a matching program.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Package.
- Disability and Life Insurance Package.
- Paid Time Off, Sick Time, and Holidays.
- Career Advancement Opportunities.
- Assists in the hiring process; by coordinating job postings, overseeing job fairs, reviewing resumes, conducting telephone screens and setting up interviews with hiring managers.
- Conducts all new hire orientations.
- Creates and maintains personnel files for all employees in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Executes daily payroll function to include; inputting daily time, maintenance of employee payroll and closing of weekly payroll.
- Responsible for tracking of vacation, leaves of absences and bonus accrual. Process commissions as required.
- Conducts benefits enrollment for new hires and during open enrollment periods.
- Involved in assisting in government compliance recordkeeping to include, Everify, Affirmative Action records, FMLA paperwork and first reports of injury for workers compensation.
- Attend monthly safety meetings and assist the Facility Safety Officer as needed.
- Assist managers with administration of the labor contract to include, generation of corrective actions, response to grievances and note taking at grievance meetings.
- Conducts periodic audits of Human Resources activities to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Work with Alsco computer software to include, Ultimus, Ultipro, Riskmaster, CRS and other programs as required.
- Conducts training sessions as requested.
- May work on special projects under the direction of the Regional Human Resources Manager.
- Experience working with Unionized employees required
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office suites.
- Excellent organization skills, self-motivation and enthusiasm.
- Task and results oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Bilingual is preferred nut not required.
- High School Diploma required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in the Human Resources.
- Minimum of Associate Degree from an accredited college. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Willingness to pursue a professional certification in Human Resources.
Typical Physical Activity: field.
- Physical Demands/Requirements consist of standing, sitting, walking, stooping, reaching overhead, grasping, seeing, reading, speaking, hearing, and occasional lifting up to 30 lbs.
Typical Environmental Conditions:
- Indoor office environment, with periodic visits to the industrial plant floor of a typical industrial laundry facility, or Service Center or depot.
- Occasionally travel by car to assist in the execution of duties.
- May need to travel by plane to attend training sessions or corporate meetings.
- This position reports directly in the Office Manager with a dotted line into the Regional Human Resources Manager.
ALSCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Alsco has been an industry pioneer since 1889. Our company is responsible for creating and shaping many of the linen delivery industry standards that everyone follows. If there is one thing we’ve learned over the years, it is the importance of delivering a solution that meets each customer’s unique needs.
Click Here To Apply