Working with us is more than just a job-it is an opportunity to love and serve seniors, their families, the team that serves while being a part of a dynamic team! Working with us provides the space to share your passion and dedication while making a difference in the lives of those we serve each day. We are currently seeking an LVN Medication Supervisor to join our team.
- Assist or administers medications to residents assuring they receive the proper dosage at the proper time based in physician orders, company policy, and state regulations. Manage all sliding scale diabetic, colostomy, catheter, hoyer lift, etc. and within the LVN scope of practice for residents during their shift for entire community.
- Maintains all required documentation in compliance with physician orders, company policy, and state regulations.
- Assures availability of all medications prescribed for a resident and that medication on hand is that which is prescribed, is not expired, and is properly labeled in compliance with company policy and state regulations.
- Always maintains a clean and orderly med cart and med room in compliance with company policy and state requirements.
- Performs monthly checks of vital signs and weights as assigned and maintains records of monthly vital signs and weights for each resident in compliance with company policy and state requirements.
- Conducts monthly medications counseling for residents who self-administer their medication.
- Maintains records of medications released to and returned by any resident or family member in compliance with company policy and state regulation.
- Maintains records of all current medications for each resident in compliance with company policy and state regulations.
- Maintains records of controlled drugs in compliance with company policy and state regulations.
- Maintains drug destruction records in conjunction with pharmaceutical consultant and in compliance with company policy and state regulations.
- Is responsible for handling emergency situations such as resident illness or accident, staff illness or accident, or building emergency at any time management staff is not in the facility. When the Resident Care Director or Executive Director is in the community, the LVN Medication Supervisor will assist in responding to an emergency page or need and assessing the situation, determines the proper course of action, and assures such action is accomplished.
A candidate for LVN Medication Supervisor must possess exemplary work ethics, excellent communication skills, leadership capabilities, and a love of the elderly. Must be a Licensed Vocational Nurse in current status. The LVN Medication Supervisor must be detail oriented. Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull 40 pounds, to move about the facility quickly, and be able to physically assist residents daily and in emergencies. LVN Medication Supervisor must be able to respond quickly to emergency situations and take appropriate action for resident safety.
Click Here To Apply