Do you enjoy working for a company that manufactures products to help improve and save lives? Come work for Genesis!
Genesis Plastics Welding is an Indianapolis-based ISO 13485 certified contract manufacturer. We provide radio frequency (RF) welding and heat-sealing contract manufacturing of plastic products for medical, military and other industries for clients worldwide. We have been nurturing innovation through collaboration with our clients and supplier partners for nearly three decades.
We pride ourselves in staying abreast of the latest industry trends and technologies and taking the time to understand our clients’ challenges while supporting their business needs and goals. By actively collaborating together we spark new ideas and produce viable answers that enable innovation.
Why work at Genesis Plastics Welding?
- Competitive Pay
- Vibrant Work Culture
- Diverse workforce
- On the Job Training
- Clean and Safe, Climate Controlled Environment
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Full Benefits
- Retirement Savings Match
Job Title: General Accountant
Number of Openings: (1)
FLSA Status: Non– Exempt, Part-time
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am to noon (20 hours per week)
The General Accountant position is responsible for assisting the Controller with account payable and account receivable activities. The General Accountant will maintain and assist with daily accounting tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
· Ability to understand and comprehend basic accounting principles
· Accounts receivable: cash application & collections, invoice dispute resolution
· Accounts payable: Verify and process all accounts payable documents, reconcile vendor accounts, resolve invoice discrepancies, process credit memos, manage vendor issues and maintain updated vendor files, and credit card reconciliation
· Account reciliation: Performs general ledger reconciliations on daily and monthly basis
· Entering and posting journal entries
· Assist with month end closing procedures
· All other duties as assigned
· This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Excellent oral and written communication. Strong attention to detail. Organization and time management skills. Good mathematical skills. Strong analytical skills and attention to detail. Excellent customer service. Ability to work independently or with a team. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have experience using Microsoft Office products and strong Excel skills. Experience using Global Shop or similar ERP system.
Education or Experience:
Associates degree in Accounting or Finance. Three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Genesis Plastics Welding is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age and veteran status or any other protected status required by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
All visitors are required to wear mask upon entering into the building. Mask and hand sanitizer available upon entering the facility.
- One location
Company’s Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place