Crestwood Behavioral Health, a Public Benefit Corporation is proud to be California’s leading provider of mental health services. Together we invest our energy to enhance the quality of life, social integration, community support and empowerment of mental health clients.
Our Values: Family, compassion, commitment, enthusiasm, flexibility, character and social responsibility- drive the work that we do every day, at all our campuses. These values are integrated into every area of the company’s operations and they serve as the foundation of the programs and services we provide. We are deeply committed to creating a positive impact on society and the environment.
We know that there are many places you could work, but we invite you to come make a difference with us!
DIRECTOR OF NURSING SERVICES ROLE:
Under the supervision of the Administrator, the Director of Nursing Services directs and coordinates all aspects of nursing, including, but not limited to, infection control, pharmacy, laboratory, quality assurance, medical records, and staff education. The Director of Nursing Services ensures compliance with established policies and procedures of the overall program and timely completion of respective reporting requirements. The Director of Nursing Services is also responsible for the maintenance of quality improvement activities in compliance with current licensing and accrediting policies and regulations. In addition, the Director of Nursing Services supports all disciplines in the development of a marketing strategy and efforts to network with existing and potential referral sources.
- Current licensure in the State of California as a registered nurse.
- CPR and first aid certified.
- BSN or master’s degree preferred.
- 2 years experience in a skilled nursing facility preferred.
- DNS will meet all applicable regulatory standards.
- Demonstrated knowledge of DSM-5-TR, NANDA, psychosocial, PSR and recovery principles.
- Knowledgeable of all applicable regulations and standards.
- Proven ability to work with others, at all levels within the organization, and collaborates effectively.
- Above-average interpersonal, problem-solving, and written and oral communication skills.
- Desire to work with residents with cognitive and behavior disorders.
- Ensures all clients receive the full spectrum of health care services during length of stay based on objectives as identified in their plan of care.
- Collaborates with program/clinical director regularly.
- Interfaces with facility Medical Directors to ensure high quality, consistent medical care.
- Ability to assess clients’ mental and physical conditions using nursing process.
- Ability to respond to medical and nursing emergencies.
- Ensures performance evaluations are completed following established guidelines.
- Manages the department within allocated/budgeted parameters.
- Ensures policy and procedure manuals for the various departments are reviewed and updated according to established facility regulatory agency protocols.
- Maintains a working knowledge of standards and regulations governing mental health services, including, but not limited to,
- Department of Health Services and Department of Mental Health.
- Provides for regular staff meetings for employees to both provide information and facilitate communication.
- Assumes on-call responsibilities as designated
- Assists in the supervision of and maintenance of the quality improvement program.
- Concurrently and retrospectively reviews medical charts to ensure that the goals are functional and realistic and that the criteria for medical necessity are being met.
- Demonstrates knowledge of an awareness of the standards of the regulatory, licensing, and accrediting agencies governing the facility.
We offer Full Time employees comprehensive health benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D) as well as generous time away programs, flexible schedules, extensive training, tuition reimbursement and 401k retirement programs.
Crestwood Pandemic Response:
Supporting the safety and health of our clients and staff is our highest priority, responsibility, and privilege. Our goal is to provide a safe and sanitary environment for clients, staff, and visitors, and to help prevent the development and transmission of infection. Our Pandemic Response Committee partners with health experts across the country and connects with all of our facilities to ensure we are providing the best possible solutions (including preventive measures, protective equipment, emotional support, education, etc.) to meet staff and client needs.
Crestwood Behavioral Health, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- One location
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Click Here To Apply