The Assistant Director is responsible for providing professional and quality person centered care for residents with Alzheimer?s disease and other types of Dementia to promote their highest well-being. The Assistant Director is also responsible for ensuring compliance to company policies and state regulations at all times. The Assistant Director reports to an Executive Director.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Administrative and Operations Management
- Uphold operational policies, procedures and systems
- Understand current state CBRF and State regulations ensuring the home is in compliance; ensure compliance with regulations
- Maintain standards and comply with state regulations and licensing
- Maintain and produce reports as requested
- Arrange and schedule daily household staff duties to manage the appearance, cleanliness and environment of the building
- Assist the Administrator in the organization and coordination of job duties
Program and Service Implementation
- Maintain person centered care through MOSAIC quality of life program to enhance each resident?s mind, body and spirit
- Encourage, mentor and empower staff to consistently practice MOSAIC program
- Work with regional nurse and DON to ensure resident medical needs are met, best practices are being carried out by staff
- Complete behavior calls with the nurse/compliance
- Uphold rights of residents and the principles of assisted living
- Ensure a daily activity program designed to meet individual resident?s needs
- Ensure meal service is delivered to meet the individual resident?s needs
- Perform on-call and staff fill-in responsibilities
Assessment and Care Planning
- Perform assessment of potential residents
- Admit and discharge residents according to admissions criteria
- Respond to inquiries from potential residents, communications and process applications
- Oversee the admission process including the agreement, rate setting and communication with family, health and other providers
- Complete individual care plans for each resident with interdisciplinary team and ensure service delivery according to individual residents? needs
- Monitor the health and emotional conditions of each resident
- Perform documentation and observation techniques to benefit residents
- Ensure safe and appropriate administration of medications by properly trained staff
- Ensure the health and safety of residents with regular training, drills and equipment reviews
- Work with the family in maintaining a strong relationship with their relative residing in the home
- Assist family members in understanding the frailties of age, Alzheimer?s disease, and related dementias when appropriate
- Actively participates with problem-complaint resolution to attain satisfaction for the residents and families
- Lead by example, encourage teamwork, promote the MOSAIC philosophy and provide ongoing coaching to employees
- Respond to on the job injuries in accordance with policies and procedures
- Perform coaching and disciplinary discussions with staff as needed
- Maintain the established staffing model and staff-to-resident ratios
- Maintain master staffing schedule and find replacements for staff call-in?s
- Assist the ED with interviewing and hiring process
- Coordinate and perform ongoing training of staff
- Ensure accuracy of employee time sheets and wage assignments; assists in resolution of paycheck disputes
- Complete and provide reports as requested
- Ensure positive image of the residence
- Promote residence in the community through an active referral network
- Conduct events to showcase the residence and its program
- Train team members on phone etiquette and general public relations and communications
- Attend meetings of organizations and conferences to promote continuity of services to the elderly as requested
All other duties as may be assigned
- A bachelor or associate degree preferred or a minimum of 2 years of related work experience in assisted living or long-term care
- Demonstrated understanding of older adults and the issues, diseases and needs related to aging.
- Demonstrates marketing and networking skills to help meet occupancy goals.
- One year experience in management position preferred.
- Demonstrated written and oral communications skills.
- Computer skills including time and attendance, Microsoft Word, email, etc.
- Willingness to work nights and weekends and fill in for staff as needed.
Click Here To Apply