Hughston Clinic Orthopaedics has an exciting opportunity to join our family as a Part Time Radiologic Technologist/Medical Assistant Float at our Middle TN locations.
At Hughston Clinic Orthopaedics, we put patients first. For over 70 years, Hughston has remained committed to providing high quality patient care. We have several locations in Nashville and the surrounding cities in Middle Tennessee.
Our mission is to provide world-class service for all our patients. We strive to be the best provider in orthopedic care, and continue to support and encourage our patients to resume a more active lifestyle. We are looking for candidates who put the needs of patients above all else, are ethical and honest, treat everyone with dignity and courtesy, and do the right things in the right way.
Hughston offers competitive pay plus comprehensive benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay and more. Our 401(k) plan provides a company safe harbor contribution to help you get started in saving for your retirement.
Position Goal: Assist Physician(s) in Clinic with patient care activities and other staff members with care of patients in producing high quality radiographs, entering patient information into the medical management system and complete administrative duties as required.
- Must have command of radiographic technique.
- Must have command of PACS and be able to assist other staff members as needed.
- Responsible for understanding and carrying out radiology requisitions and views.
- Memorize what views each physician requires on exams.
- Assist patients in getting into the positions required to get the radiographs needed with the occasional need to lift the patient. Takes X-rays following established procedures for patient care and safety.
- Requires vast knowledge of muskuloskeletal anatomy.
- Stocks necessary supplies.
- Uses a variety of radiation protection and shielding materials.
- To assist with and provide direct training and supervision to student technologists.
- Ensures equipment is in working order. Reports any malfunction to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Familiarity with what the physician requires for a productive clinic.
- Review and maintain charts to ensure completeness/EMR guidelines w/reviewing clinicals.
- Escort patient from waiting area to triage area, ranging from those patients with full mobility to limited mobility.
- Constant monitoring of schedules and patient flow during clinic to ensure maximum efficiency/organization.
- Accompanies provider into the patient examination room in order to transcribe patient history and exams to accurately document the providers encounter with patient and others present.
- Accurately enter test and procedures as ordered by provider.
- Ensure all ordered tests are performed accurately and in a timely manner
- Accurately document patient information in EMR chart per physician dictation.
- Review initial vital signs evaluation to include any lab specimens
- Remove staples, sutures, and assist with minor surgical procedures as needed
- Assist with placement, removal, and instruction of DME devices such as splints, casting, immobilizers, braces, and bandages
- Completion of insurance, disability, and FMLA forms in a timely manner
- Assist in administrative duties as required, to include but not limited to: collection of past due balances when scheduling surgery, check in/check out; scheduling appointments, procedures, and surgeries, pre-cert procedures, insurance verification, data entry, posting charges, and assisting secretaries.
Experience: One-year experience as a Radiology Technician required. One-year experience as Medical Assistant preferred.
Education: Graduate from an accredited two year radiology program or equivalent military program.
Special Qualifications: American Registry of Radiology Technology required. BLS required. Must have a valid driver’s license and satisfactory motor vehicle record (MVR).
- Travel is required*
The Hughston Clinic, The Hughston Foundation, The Hughston Surgical Center, Hughston Clinic Orthopaedics, Hughston Medical and Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital participate in E-Verify. This company is an equal opportunity employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or protected veteran status. This company is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Click Here To Apply