J. Cumby Construction is a fully licensed general contractor based in Cookeville, Tennessee. We specialize in water and wastewater treatment facilities, pumping stations, commercial, and industrial types of construction. Hard work, low overhead and a reputation for integrity and quality is what sets J. Cumby Construction apart.
Job Summary – Project Managers are responsible for project profit and loss. Ideal candidate will have experience running 1M to 10M Water/Waste Water construction projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Review plans and request quotes from subcontractors and vendors in order to prepare bids for projects.
- Select and negotiate with Subcontractors and Vendors/suppliers in order to complete a project within a specific budget.
- Define the goals and different elements required for a project.
- Develop a construction strategy/plan.
- Follow a timeline and perform effectively within tight time scales.
- Respond to delays and problems when they occur and be prepared to make the required changes to move the project past the issue.
- Identify high priority worthy tasks and balance the needs of the different tasks against the available resources and project deadline.
- Keep within budget.
- Look for the most effective approach to getting the results needed using the resources available
- Provide required explanations for the builders and other professionals associated with the project.
- Coordinate and collaborate with engineers, architects, specialists, inspectors and job superintendents.
- Ensure the construction project complies with all building codes and any other legal or regulatory requirements (e.g. zoning laws, licensing and permit requirements).
- Monitor, oversee and direct the scope of a project.
- Hold and attend meetings with clients, engineers, architects, specialists, inspectors, superintendents, vendors and construction personnel.
- Report and give updates on the project status.
- Ensure the project goals are delivered without unnecessary delays.
- Maintain a good client relationship.
- Prepare and submit Pay Applications
- Review & Approve vendor invoices
- Project site visits
- Bid running
Qualifications and Skills
- Candidates for this position must have experience in running large commercial projects under a self-performing contractor.
- Candidates must be willing to travel as needed.
- Experience in Commercial project management required
Benefits and Perks
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Plan with Matching Contributions, Life/AD&D Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Accident, Critical Illness, Company Paid Holiday and Vacation
JCC IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY (EOE) AFFIRMATIVE ACTION (AA) EMPLOYER
Qualified Minorities, are encouraged to apply.
JCC is a Drug Free Workplace and E-Verify Employer
Click Here To Apply