FUNCTION: The mixer driver is primarily responsible to operate and maintain an assigned ready-mixed truck as well as ensure a timely delivery of product as per customer request.
- Visualize, fulfill, and implement the company vision and core values.
- Assume responsibility for the proper operation and maintenance of company vehicle (e.g. change flat tires, keep mixer clean, and use of reclaimer and washout facilities).
- Perform daily pre and post safety checklists on mixer truck prior to and following hauling concrete.
- Observe and obey all traffic laws in the operation of assigned company vehicle.
- Record the Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) log at the end of each shift.
- Record all information on each delivery ticket and turn in a signed delivery ticket.
- Record information of federal paperwork.
- Deliver concrete to each job within the specifications as instructed on the delivery ticket.
- Maintain a commercial driver’s license (CDL) and department of transportation (DOT) medical card.
- Advise management of any customer situations beyond scope of authority.
- Maintain insurable driving record.
- Ensure a safe and healthful work environment at all times.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Attention and commitment to safety
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to work long hours
- Knowledge of DOT compliance
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Class B CDL
- Clean driving record
- Ability to lift at least 65 pounds
This description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or work conditions associated with this job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principle job elements essential for making employment decisions. Duties associated with this job and the corresponding job specification may be changed at any time to accommodate Company business needs.
Click Here To Apply