Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.
What You’ll Do (aka Description):
It is time to take your career to the next level. As a Medical Assistant at Optum, you will learn from health care experts as you work side by side to provide care for patients in a clinic setting. You will build meaningful relationships with patients, their family members, health care providers and office staff while providing high quality direct patient care. We’ll offer you more than talent, resources and can-do culture. We’ll offer you a chance to improve the lives of others while helping improve the lives of millions.
What Work Will Look Like:
- Schedule: Full-time, Monday – Friday
- Location: Temporary Staffing Unit (Float position that allows team members to pick up work assignments at multiple Optum clinics)
- Long Beach
- Specialty(ies): Primary Care
- Non Exempt
- You have 1 or 2 years of post-high school education or a degree from a two-year college.
- You’re a graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program.
- You have a Phlebotomy certificate.
- You’re Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers (AHA) or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross) certified.
- You have up to one year of experience as a Medical Assistant.
It’d be even better if (#Preferred):
- You’re a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA).
- You’ve worked as a Medical Assistant for more than a year.
- You’ve had 1+ years’ experience in a specialty field.
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you’ll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Click Here To Apply