Up is a modern physical therapy practice with a mission to restore the mobility and confidence of those suffering from chronic pain, surgery or injury. Our vision is to create the easiest way to find and stick with a physical therapy program. We combine the best of in-person care with the power of digital to drive matching, adherence and satisfaction.
As our Lead Full-Stack Engineer, you will help shape and deliver the very first in-market product; a category-defining service that has the potential to transform a sleepy, often-forgotten medical discipline. In building Up, you will meaningfully improve care by broadening access to effective treatments for musculoskeletal (MSK) disorders, which impact 1 in 2 Americans. This is a great opportunity to move product from zero-to-one and help set the engineering direction for a fast-growing team to come as one of the earliest members of the company!
You will report to and work with the CEO. This is a 100% remote role within the US.
- Bring Up’s experience to life via new user-facing and server-side features that meet patient/therapist needs
- Optimize for learning by synthesizing requirements into discreet iterations that can be implemented quickly, and with tight feedback loops
- Use technical skills and judgment to solve problems and make decisions in a rapidly changing environment, in collaboration with the Up team
- Establish foundational elements of software development practices for the future Up technical team (develop, refine, iterate, integrate, test, stage, and deploy maintainable technical solutions)
- Partner with recruiting to grow the engineering organization as we scale our product and business model
- Experience building and launching two-sided marketplaces or consumer-facing products; 0-1 startup experience is ideal
- Experience in a high-paced, high-growth environment working with deadlines and milestones
- Experience implementing application security in the healthcare or other highly-regulated industry is a plus
- Technical Skills
- Experience with Node programming and interacting with APIs
- Experience with automated testing and quality assurance, with an eye to API performance
- Experience leveraging cloud technologies (AWS), relational databases (Postgres, MySQL) and DevOps services (AWS, Kubernetes, CI/CD) to build products
- Behavioral Skills
- Manages Ambiguity. Deals comfortably with the uncertainty of change. Effectively handles risk. Can decide and act without having the total picture. Is calm, and productive, even when things are up in the air. Deals constructively with problems that do not have clear solutions or outcomes. Operating effectively, even when things are not certain of the way forward is unclear.
- Drives Results. Has a strong bottom-line orientation. Persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. Has a track record of exceeding goals successfully. Pushes self and helps others achieve results. Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Collaborates. Works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives. Represents own interests while being fair to others and their areas. Partners with others to get work done. Credits others for their contributions and accomplishments.
Click Here To Apply