Company & Culture:
El Pollo Loco, Inc.
Its not crazy to crave success! At El Pollo Loco, you can taste the rewards of managing a million-dollar-plus business. From the people to the overall restaurant operations, you run the whole showbuilding an inspired team, creating the ultimate guest experience, delivering exceptional food quality, championing the operations, and achieving financial goals. Its all at your fingertips. All you need are strong leadership skills, excellent communications and a track record of success in the restaurant industry.
Requirements (our ideal candidates will possess):
- Experience:Must be an EPL Assistant Manager or have the equivalent of 2 years or more of management experience, preferably in a restaurant environment. Familiarity with Point-Of-Sale systems is desired.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred, and college education desired
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal English communication skills (second language a plus)
- Competencies: Basic math and computer skills, and strong interpersonal and conflict-resolution skills
- Driving/Vehicle: Must be at least 18 years old and possess a valid drivers license and a reliable vehicle that may be used for company business.
- Food Handler Card : Must have a Serve Safe Certificate at time of hire or obtain a Serve Safe Certificate and pass the EPL Food Safety Audit (FSA) class upon hire, where applicable
- Physical Demands : The General Manager regularly stands, walks, talks, hears, uses close and distance vision, tastes or smells, lifts 20 lbs., and repetitively reaches/handles/feels/grasps objects with their hands. The position occasionally stoops/kneels/crouches/crawls and lifts objects weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Work Hours: Full-Time schedule, and may work any shift including opening, mid-day, and closing. The great news is that our restaurants are not open 24 hours!
- Career Advancement/Career Plan: We promote heavily from within, so from a GM you can develop to become an Area Leader, then Director of Operations, and beyond!
- Work Attire: EPL logod shirt will be provided, and black slacks and no-slip shoes are required
- Manages, coaches, recognizes performance, directs activities and establishes priorities for Assistant Managers, Shift Leaders, and Crew members for efficient and effective restaurant operations.
- Measuring, creating and ensuring exceptional guest experiences
- Coordinating and implementing new product introductions and procedures in the restaurant
- Ensuring execution and compliance with all security, food safety, quality, and cleanliness standards
- Maintaining cost controls and meeting the sales/profit goals
- Administering all in-restaurant records and procedures including payroll, inventories, security and employee personnel files
- Leading restaurant management team in recruitment, selection, hiring, retention, employee relations and corrective action
- Ensuring a respectful and diverse workplace exists in the restaurant
We offer eligible Employees the following Benefits/Perks:
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD Life & Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement Program (General Manager & Assistant Manager only)
- 401K with Matching
- Meal Discounts
Brand: El Pollo Loco
Address: 305 E Betteravia Rd Santa Maria, CA – 93454
Property Description: Santa Maria
Property Number: 3882
Click Here To Apply