Family Nurse Practitioner – Primary Care- 24 hrs – 2 yrs experience
May include some remote work temporarily due to COVID-19 Pandemic.
NURSE PRACTITIONER – PRIMARY CARE – 24 hrs – 2 yrs Experience
Shift: Day/Evening/Weekend (Sat)
Work Site: In clinic & Remote
Location: Hyattsville, MD
Your Wellness Sources is looking for a highly motivated Family or Adult Nurse Practitioner with experience in Internal Medicine – Primary Care to join our practice. If you are looking for a comprehensive multidisciplinary outpatient practice, then you will want to become part of our team. We have part-time / flexible positions available. New grads are welcome; however, they MUST have in-patient hospital experience.
Your Wellness Sources provides Integrated Wellness Services that include primary care, nutritional counseling, women wellness exams, behavioral health services, addiction management or substance abuse, provide mental and physical readiness exams to our military personnel and treatment to a vast culturally diverse patient population. The NP provider will be part of our medical wellness team and will work in collaboration with our multidisciplinary team of providers. The medical wellness program provides health screenings, health promotion, health maintenance, treatment for chronic diseases and high-risk services for breast cancer survivors.
- Master’s Degree and Advanced Practice Nurse, Nurse Practitioner license (APN, APRN, or NP)
- Current RN license in good standing in Maryland.
- ANCC certification or AANP Certification.
- Past primary care outpatient experience/training. At least 2 years’ Primary Care experience.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally.
- Demonstrated customer service skills and ability to interact with staff and clients in a professional manner
- Excellent knowledge of ICD-10 and use of CPT codes for billing
- Computer literacy and excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Suite Programs
- Current DEA and CDS Registration
- Ability to work with clients from diverse cultural and social class backgrounds
- Ability to collaborate with non-clinicians in a culturally diverse setting
- Knowledge of medical and psychiatric terminology
- Active First Aid/CPR certification
- Knowledge of Medical billing requirements and medical necessity
- Knowledge of management and safe use of controlled substances, control drug monitoring (Maryland
CRISP) and medication seeking behaviors.
- Experience and comfort in working with vulnerable populations, medically complex, military personnel, substance using and cognitive/developmentally disabled individuals.
- Experience working with EHR and computer literacy skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions accurately and be detail oriented.
- Ability to set priorities and complete documentation within deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated excellent attendance and reliability
- Assesses patient’s health by interviewing patients
- Performing physical examinations; obtaining and updating, psychosocial, and medical histories.
- Ordering meds via EHR software, troubleshooting med errors and other med issues
- Performs therapeutic procedures by administering injections and immunizations, managing wounds and infections.
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information; providing counseling on emotional problems of daily living; promoting wellness and health maintenance.
- Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
- Maintaining accurate documentation of client encounters according to state guidelines and YWS deadlines.
- Multidisciplinary collaboration with in-house team (Mental Health, Primary Care, nutritionist, case worker, etc.) and outside providers within HIPAA regulations
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Develops health care team staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Participate in in Multidisciplinary Team meetings
- Competitive pay ranges from $50/hr. to $58/hr. (DOE) (1099 position), Competitive rates are based on upon your education and experience.
- Work Hours can be any combination of Monday thru Saturday 9am – 5pm; 10am – 6pm.
- CE opportunities / offerings as determine by agency to maintain license
- Weekly supervision by an experienced medical provider
- Working remotely some days even beyond COVID-19 pandemic.
- Comfortable multidisciplinary team that emphasize the language of caring to clients and each other.
Related keywords: nurse practitioner, family nurse practitioner, physician assistant
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $50.00 – $58.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- One location
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
Relocation Assistance Provided:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Click Here To Apply