Worthington Healthcare Center, a member of the CommuniCare Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for Full Time Culinary Aides to join our team.
This position works varied days and times. This position pays $8.75 per hour.
The position of Culinary Aide exists to provide routine support in the Culinary Department. This position must work effectively with team members in ensuring that work is accomplished in a timely, effective, and safe manner. The position must also manage the resources that are available to them in their job.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve food from tray line or steam table according to diet and preferences.
- Set up tray or plate for food service.
- Ensure menu accuracy for each resident’s meal.
- Ensure meal is complete and presentable.
- Transport the carts to the nursing stations in a timely matter.
- Collect and return dishes when meal is completed.
- Monitor for resident’s personal affects and give to supervisor so that items may be returned.
- Ensure sanitization of plateware, silverware, glassware, and all cooking utensils according to procedure.
- Complete any and all assigned cleaning tasks.
- Clean pots, pans, and utensils.
- Remove trash, sweep, and mop floors.
- Breakdown and clean steam-tables after tray line service or set up steam-tables prior to tray line service.
- Assist in salad, dessert, snack, and nourishment preparation and delivery.
- Clean resident dining areas.
- Deliver late meals or resident menu alterations to nursing stations.
- Assist nursing staff in meal delivery.
- Assist cooks and preparatory cooks in other areas as needed.
- Create a clean, comfortable, and safe environment and ensure that the highest quality of culinary care is delivered.
- Ensure that residents’ food service needs are met in a timely, accurate, and compassionate manner.
- Maintain and work within established departmental, center, and corporate policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement program, and safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
- Attend and participate in scheduled training, educational classes, and orientation programs to maintain and enhance quality of care.
- Perform other related activities as assigned or requested.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school graduate or G. E. D. equivalent
- Prior work/life experience, preferably in a healthcare or service environment. Prior experience in a healthcare environment is desirable.
- Prior work/life experiences involving independent decision making
- Compassionate and enthusiastic personality
- Must be ServSafe certified
As a CommuniCare employee you will enjoy competitive wages and PTO plans. We offer full time employees a menu of benefit options from life and disability plans to medical, dental, and vision coverage from quality benefit carriers. We also offer 401(k) with employer match and Flexible Spending Accounts.
A family-owned company, we have grown to become one of the nation’s largest providers of post-acute care, which includes skilled nursing rehabilitation centers, long-term care centers, assisted living communities, independent rehabilitation centers, and long-term acute care hospitals (LTACH). Since 1984, we have provided superior, comprehensive management services for the development and management of adult living communities. We have a single job description at CommuniCare, to reach out with our hearts and touch the hearts of others. Through this effort we create Caring Communities where staff, residents, clients, and family members care for and about one another.
COVID Vaccines are available for CommuniCare employees. In conjunction with our pharmacy partners , we are currently offering free COVID vaccines to employees! You can protect yourself, your family, and your community from COVID by getting vaccinated at no charge.
2675 36th Street, Parkersburg, West Virginia 26104, United States of America
Click Here To Apply