ICI! Discover the Difference!
ICI is seeking ambitious and driven Construction Project Engineers with 3 – 5 years of experience in the Commercial Construction Markets. If you are a dedicated construction professional who is motivated to succeed and has a commitment to quality, we have immediate openings.
Culture Video: We Are ICI!
Join The ICI Team: The ICI Family Culture
Join a winning team constantly seeking cutting-edge approaches!
- A full-time position with ICI provides with career growth and development, a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, vision, dental and life insurance; a tuition reimbursement program, flexible spending accounts, an innovative wellness program, paid vacations and holidays and a 401(k) plan.
- Knowing that our employees are our greatest asset, ICI regularly invests in the professional development of our team. Continually voted one of Chicago’s 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work For, this family-owned business is dedicated to work-life balance and committed to employee enrichment.
- Firm leadership values the contributions of our team members and understands that employee job satisfaction ultimately leads to a strong team and work product. Our team aims to create more than a structure; we strive to build long-term relationships with both our employees and our clients.
Project Engineers at ICI are responsible for a wide range of responsibilities, both on-site and office based, from preconstruction through final closeout and must be willing to travel between our Elmhurst office and multiple project sites throughout the Chicagoland area. Extended travel to project sites throughout the US may also be required.
Some of the specific core responsibilities of a Project Engineer include:
- Working to develop, drive and implement project goals as a core member of a dedicated team
- New project setup and coordination
- Working with the project team in the areas of scheduling, deliveries, logistics, quality control and trade staffing.
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and policies
- Managing site safety as required and ensuring compliance with all applicable safety codes and regulations
- Coordinating procurement of permits and inspections
- Prepare and monitor execution of commitment records and associated insurance / bonding documents
- Maintaining, conducting, and policing detailed procedures for the submittal, review, coordination, approval, and distribution of shop drawings, samples, etc.
- Maintaining and distributing all project files relating to subcontracts, plans, specifications, changes, clarifications, RFI’s, as-built documents, etc.
- Maintaining a system to expedite construction materials, deliveries and equipment lists
- Preparation and distribution of meeting agenda and minutes
- Managing change events, expediting vendor estimates and proposals and preparing appropriate company estimates and proposals for changes to be submitted to the owner.
- Determining appropriateness and preparing subcontractor change orders to be processed through the Project Manager
- Prepare prime and subcontractor contract Change Orders and process for review and approval
- Manage the close out and punch list process
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree
- Solid communication skills
- Results-driven ability to effectively manage and follow-up on multiple priorities
- Required computer skills include: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook), Windows File Management Skills, and Procore Project Management a Plus
- Proven ability to coordinate, prioritize and organize multiple projects with fast pace schedules.
- Construction Industry Experience required
- Maintain client relationships by meeting and managing client expectations, professionally addressing any concern or escalating issues as appropriate.
Click Here To Apply