Come work with Tofurky! We are the Nation’s leading manufacturer of plant-based proteins and are looking for a talented Assistant Logistics Manager for our logistics team. This full-time position will be responsible for assisting with the planning and organization of 3PL warehousing, distribution, forecasting, and customer service within our logistics team
Come work with Tofurky! We are the Nation’s leading manufacturer of plant-based proteins and are looking for a talented Assistant Logistics Manager for our logistics team. This full-time position will be responsible for assisting with the planning and organization of 3PL warehousing, distribution, forecasting, and customer service within our logistics team. You’ll be actively engaged in all aspects of monitoring the flow of goods starting from order processing continuing through to transportation and inventory control. This position reports to our Logistics Manager. We’d expect you to thrive in a dynamic environment, where hard work and having fun are encouraged.
What you’ll do:
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues.
- Resolve customer complaints and problems.
- Manage Logistics Coordinators and lead logistics staff activities. Develop employees for continued growth.
- Direct inbound or outbound logistics operations, such as transportation, 3PL activities, food safety performance, and logistics quality management.
- Manage customer allocation during times of high demand or short supply.
- Coordinate comprehensive logistical or reverse logistical functions for product life cycles, including distribution, internal allocation, delivery, and final disposal of resources.
- Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment, or frequency.
- Participate in carrier management processes, such as selection, qualification, and performance evaluation.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as sales, production, accounting, and shipping.
What skills and education you’ll need:
- 3-5 years’ experience in logistics or related field.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to act decisively to resolve problems
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment.
What we’ll do:
We know you’re valuable and we’ll work hard to keep you challenged. You’ll have an opportunity to work in our new LEED certified office building and manufacturing facility on the waterfront in beautiful Hood River, OR. The qualified candidate will receive:
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience.
- 100% employer paid comprehensive medical, 80% employer paid dental benefits and vision coverage.
- Auto-enrollment in Tofurky profit sharing program and eligibility for 401K contribution + match.
- Employer paid Term Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance.
- Company paid Personal Time Off and Holiday time.
How to apply:
Please submit resume (and cover letter) to [email protected] Please reference “Assistant Logistics Manager” in the subject line.
The Tofurky Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Tofurky Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Click Here To Apply