At Calibrate, we’re defining metabolic health as a new category, one that mirrors what the research shows—that weight reflects our biology, not our willpower. Our program was designed by world leaders in obesity and nutrition science to drive long-term weight loss in a way that’s proven to be impactful, realistic, and sustainable.
Obesity is America’s underlying pandemic, and science shows that lasting weight loss is driven by improving our metabolic health.
To bring Calibrate to everyone who needs it, we’re building the first direct-to-consumer telemedicine business within the healthcare ecosystem, aligning incentives for doctors, insurers, pharmaceutical companies, and consumers. By leveraging technology, Calibrate is closing the gap in care for 175mm American adults in a $600bn market where Americans spend millions of dollars and do not lose millions of pounds.
Our doctor-guided program defines a new standard of clinical care, bringing decades of academic research to everyone, everywhere. Calibrate combines FDA-approved metabolic medication with a holistic curriculum and 1:1 virtual coaching sessions that drive lasting behavior change. The result is a metabolic reset that delivers sustainable weight loss and success beyond the scale, with improved whole-body health that enables our members to embrace a new day-to-day.
A modern approach to weight health requires modern practices, and that means radically remodeling how intensive lifestyle intervention programs operate and scale. As part of our clinical care team, you’ll deliver several critical components of the Calibrate program: face-to-face video patient assessments, confirmation of clinical appropriateness for clinical care pathways, introduction to our method, and setting program plans with members.
In addition to providing exceptional patient care, your feedback on how we can continue to improve our program to help patients achieve–and maintain–their weight-loss goals will help shape and improve the program.
- Consistently provide a world-class level of clinical care and patient experience
- Review patient intake and provide the initial patient interaction, including the discussion of the scientific principles of obesity and the prescription of appropriate weight loss therapy based on Calibrate clinical protocols
- Review and manage daily tasks, patient callbacks, and lab results during shifts; oversee patient progress; engage with coaches to coordinate care for patients; and review progress in regularly scheduled check-ins
- Utilize and support a detailed clinical treatment paradigm, developed and updated by the Calibrate team and specialized to support obese patients achieve weight-loss goals
- Able to commit a minimum of 10h/wk in a telehealth (remote) setting with option for up to full-time if interested
- BC/BE MD – family medicine, internal medicine (with or without subspecialization), or emergency med with primary care experience; other BC/BE physicians with specific obesity medicine experience are also welcome to apply
- Demonstrated excellent written/verbal communication skills and virtual “bedside” manner
- Active, unrestricted license in WI required; license in at least 1 other Calibrate state (PA, NY, TX, GA, NC, VA, CA, IL, WA, TN, MO, OH, NJ, MN, CT, OR, MD, SC, NE, AR, MA, IN, ME, NH) strongly preferred
- A clinical style that will work well with our belief that healthy, long-term, sustainable weight-loss is impossible to achieve without dedicated medical and coaching support
- Excited to build and deliver a new model for achieving lasting weight health
- Creative and flexible, but always puts the patient first
- Excellent at forging successful and respectful relationships with the entire team
- Well compensated
- Malpractice coverage provided by employer
ABOUT OUR TEAM
Calibrate launched Summer 2020 and has raised $27.6mm in Seed and Series A funding from leading healthcare and consumer investors, including Threshold Ventures, Forerunner Ventures, and Redesign Health. Our team helped build businesses at the intersection of technology, consumer, and healthcare, including Athenahealth, Capsule, Harry’s, One Medical, Galileo, PillPack, Ro, Rent the Runway, and more. Our Clinical Advisors include Donna Ryan, the President of the World Obesity Federation, and Darriush Mozafarrian, cardiologist and Dean at the Tufts Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy.
Calibrate is committed to bringing together people from different backgrounds and perspectives to deliver real results for our members.
At Calibrate, we’re committed to our vision of putting our members and our teammates in control of their health. Some of our benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Generous paid time off
- Calibrate-funded health benefits (medical, dental, vision) – starting at zero cost to you
- One Medical membership and Teladoc virtual care
- Therapy on your time with three free months of Talkspace membership
- Health advocacy and assistance services through Health Advocate
- Commuter benefits, ClassPass memberships, and gym memberships for post-pandemic life
- NYC-based with opportunities to be fully remote
- Competitive Paid Parental Leave for parents
We’re in this together: We have an audacious mission, and we’re building a lot of things for the first time — from the first DTC pharma business within the healthcare ecosystem to the data infrastructure for providing real-world evidence in the largest category of chronic disease. It takes superpowers to build something simple and intuitive within the complex healthcare market, so we identify and work as a team from our individual points of strength. Not everyone has to be good at everything, but we know that when we harness what we’re each great at, we’re unstoppable.
Small wins create big wins: We ground every experience in optimism, recognizing and celebrating successes along the way. We break projects down into smaller components. And we focus on where we have momentum. We always plan for larger goals with the knowledge that our plans will evolve as we achieve smaller milestones.
You’re in control: While we’re headquartered in New York, we don’t let location stand in the way of the best talent — and from coaches to engineers, many of us are fully remote. Our business is multi-faceted, so each Calibrater is hired to be an expert in their piece of it — in control of their own initiatives, in control of their own impact, and in control of driving their own (real) results.
Real results matter: We’re obsessed with outcomes because when our members win, we win, and the data proves that we’ve built the best metabolic health program on the market. We’re purposeful, optimistic, and relentlessly confident that we can solve the biggest medical issue of the 21st century.
Calibrate recruits, employs, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law and as a matter of our company values.
Click Here To Apply