Perform customer relations duties with the public, check patients in and out, ask for and facilitate the receipt of patient payments, and maintain patient files. Provide assistance to clinic patients and ensures optimal care for patients by assisting Physician, Medical Assistant, Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed Practical Nurse, (LPN), and/or Radiology Technologist in the assessment, treatment, and maintenance of patient health, as well as maintaining organization in the office environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure opening procedures are followed daily; including turning on lights and computers, prepare clinic per physician’s preference.
Answer Telephone/Greet Patients
- Answer telephone and greet patients/visitors in a timely manner with professionalism and politeness.
Patient Check In/Out
- Check patients in and out via EMR and/or practice management.
- Compile information to be placed in the patient’s chart, including: verifying New Patient/Old Patient paperwork is accurate and complete, witnessing consents, explaining and witnessing acknowledgements, taking patient’s photo when needed, and verifying History and Physical is complete and signed.
- Scan paperwork into EHR, or other indicated software and ensure files are saved in the appropriate patient chart.
Workers’ Compensation/Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Obtain correct information, ensure appropriate forms are completed.
- Assist patients as needed with walking, transfers, dressing, escorting patients back to exam rooms, and preparing for the exam.
Assist Nursing Staff
- Obtain required information as directed by nursing staff; patient’s height, weight, blood pressure, and other needed medical information.
Assist Radiology Staff
- Help and assist Radiology Technologists with any duties they may need help with.
- Route orders to appropriate location/facility, and assist with medical records requests, which can include burning and/or importing discs.
- Enter and tally correct charges on all encounter forms.
- Collect deductibles, co-payments, and charges, and give receipts to the patients.
- Schedule patient appointments, including X-Ray and MRI appointments, within clinic or via telephone in practice management system. Attach appointment to correct case. Verify correct daytime phone number.
- Prepare patients charts for the next clinic day, organized by each physician’s preference.
- Prepare the office for the next clinic day by setting the coffee maker, setup the exam rooms according to the physician’s preference, have the physician’s office ready, and ensure the refridgerator is stocked.
- Ensure closing procedures are followed daily; including cleaning exam rooms, restocking pamphlets and supplies in both exam rooms, nurse stations, and throughout the office, closing windows, turning off lights, locking doors, tallying Daily Receipt Logs, and batching credit card machines (if available).
- Perform other duties as directed/required to ensure efficient operation of the department.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, co-workers, and the public.
- Act as mentor for new employees.
- Accept responsibility for own professional growth and personal conduct.
Flexibility & Stressful Situations
- Ability to be flexible, organized, and function under stressful situations. Responds with flexibility to changing work load and/or patient assignments.
Adherence to Facility/Departmental Policy:
Confidentiality/Right to Privacy
- Observe confidentiality of information in regards to patients, physicians, and fellow employees. Protect Patient sensitivities and right to privacy.
- Maintain a good attendance record and arrive to work punctually.
- Follow dress code, including wearing identification and communicate name and role to patient.
Cell Phone Use
- Cell phone may be used for business purposes only. Utilize cell phone for personal, use only during breaks or meal periods and out of the public eye.
- Participates in Premier Bone & Joint Centers and departmental in-services and staff meetings.
Safety & Infection Control Policies
- Adhere to safety and infection control policies.
Care of Environment, Equipment, and Supplies:
- Utilize correct/safe technique when using equipment. Notify manager of malfunctioning equipment. Perform minor equipment repairs not requiring a service call.
- Keep inventory list of supplies keeping quantities at a reasonable level, ensuring adequate stock for next clinic. Aid with Quill orders, Don Joy Boot orders, and Hand Putty orders, and help with Hand Putty distribution.
Clean, Neat, Safe Environment
- Maintain a clean, neat, and safe environment for patients and staff, including personal work areas.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent – Required
Certification & License(s):
- Certification – BLS Health Care Provider Certification (CPR) – Preferred
- Previous experience in customer service and in a medical office setting – Preferred
- Seeing – Must be able to read reports, patient charts, and to use a computer – Constant
- Hearing – Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with patients and co-workers – Constant
- Speaking – Must be able to verbally communicate with patients and co-workers – Constant
- Fingering/Grasping – Must be able to write and type, as well as grasp a telephone – Constant
- Standing – Frequently
- Sitting – Frequently
- Lifting – Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds – Frequently
- The fast paced environment may lead to increased levels of personal stress and demand high mental acuity.
- Physical harm is possible when performing physical requirements, as listed above.
- Exposure to communicable disease, bodily fluids, and/or toxic substances is possible and can be physically harmful.
Unique Work Schedule/Travel
- May be required to work after hours, on weekends, or holidays.
Employee Statement of Understanding:
I have read and understand the job description for my position. I am able to perform all of the essential functions of this position.
I agree to comply with the corporate compliance policy and all laws, rules, regulations and standards of conduct related to my position. As an employee, I understand my duty to report any suspected violations of the law or the standards of conduct to my immediate supervisor.
As an employee, I will strive to uphold the mission and vision of the organization. All employees are required to adhere to the values in all their interactions with patients, customers, and fellow employees.
Note: This description is intended to describe the general job duties and employment requirements for adequate job performance, and should not be interpreted as an exhaustive report. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the employees’ supervisor.
Click Here To Apply