- Under the supervision of an Ob-Gyn physician, manages the care of women during labor and delivery.
- Obtains an accurate medical, obstetrical, gynecological and psycho-social history of the present pregnancy.
- Observes signs of the member’s general and obstetrical health status.
- Performs complete physical examinations including the pap smear, breast examination, abdominal examination, pelvic examination and clinical pelvimetry.
- Records all findings of examinations, histories and significant observations in the patient’s chart.
- Determines pregnancy status during gestation, presentation and position of fetus and fetal heart rate.
- Determines whether all findings are within normal limits.
- Orders appropriate laboratory examinations such as chest X-ray, ultrasound, CBC, urinalysis, blood type and Rh factor, serology tests.
- Consults with and obtains orders from an obstetrician for any special care or diagnostic procedure and refers to other services as necessary.
- Institutes preventative measures and detects abnormal conditions, obtains consultation and assistance from physicians as needed.
- Teaches, counsels and guides individual members regarding their individual health care.
- Determines the need for social services, genetics or mental health services and refers as appropriate.
- Evaluates patient’s general and obstetrical health status.
- Provides health supervision, care and family planning advice to women during antepartum and postpartum periods.
- Evaluates fetal status by performing such procedures as abdominal palpation and ultrasound examinations to estimate fetal weight, presentation and position, approximate station and fetal heart rate.
- Able to perform internal and external fetal monitoring and interpretation.
- Consults with obstetrician regarding questionable findings.
- Determines member’s degree of labor and whether member is to be admitted to labor and delivery.
- Independently conducts normal spontaneous vaginal deliveries.
- First assists at Cesarean Sections and gynecological surgeries.
- Performs immediate care of the newborn.
- Graduate of an accredited RN program.
- Graduate of a nurse midwifery program accredited by the A.C.N.M. BS or BSN or BA required, MS Degree required in 2010.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN License.
- Current California Nurse Midwife Certificate.
- NRP Provider Card Required.
- Effective April 20, 2010 Maintains national certification from the American Midwifery Certification Board (ACMB) National Provider Number (NPI) and be an approved Medicare provider.
- Three (3) years recent experience as a CNM preferred.
- Orange County has 2 Hospitals and it is required to cover both Hospitals and the women’s Health Clinics within Orange county.
Orange County has 2 Hospitals and it is required to cover both Hospitals and the women’s Health Clinics within Orange County.
PrimaryLocation : California,Garden Grove,Garden Grove Medical Offices
HoursPerWeek : 32
Shift : Variable
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
WorkingHoursStart : 12:00 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 11:59 PM
Job Schedule : Part-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : B22|AFSCME|KPMWON-CNMs
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Nursing Licensed
Department : Anaheim Kraemer Med Office 2 – Obstetrics/Gyn-Reg Clin – 0806
Travel : Yes, 50 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Click Here To Apply