Are you passionate about driving? Looking to build your career in an exciting industry and a growing world class organization? Come see why so many of our team members recommend us to their friends!
Who are we?
Cygnet Enterprises, a brand of Target Specialty Products, is proud to be a leading wholesale distributor of specialty agricultural chemicals, application equipment, products, supplies, services and education. Target serves the entire United States from 43 conveniently located branch locations and provides products and services to the following industries, in both the private and public sector: structural pest control, landscape construction and maintenance, golf course maintenance and turf-grass maintenance, production nursery, industrial vegetation management, aquatic, forestry and vector control.
What do our Delivery Drivers do?
Our Delivery Drivers are responsible for receiving, storing, and distributing material, equipment, and products within the warehouse and delivers aquatic herbicides, algaecide and other water management products to customers’ place of business.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Conduct all Pre-Trip and delivery equipment inspections (communicate all maintenance needs to service center supervisor.)
- Conduct a final (triple check) of all products required for truck shipments (initials required on all packing paperwork.)
- Wrap pallets ensuring all products are accounted for as per the required shipment.
- Load truck based on route of deliveries in the most efficient and expeditious manner.
- Hand out to customer’s promotional sales flyer’s along with their deliveries.
- Complete daily delivery log for daily truck deliveries.
- Communicate all delivery errors (shortages, incorrect product and damaged material) to the Service Center Supervisor and or Customer Service.
- Submit all Sales Return paperwork to the Customer Service Rep.
- Complete all required “Our” truck deliveries as assigned by the Service Center Supervisor.
- Ensure all deliveries are signed for or a picture is taken confirming products delivery.
- Ensure all detail required daily is completed in the Tablets (CDL.)
- Conduct all post-trip inspections (communicate all maintenance needs to the Service Center Supervisor.)
- Maintain all DOT Medical requirements (CDL.)
- Assist in all Annual Full physical inventories.
- Report all accidents and near misses with 24hrs for Non-OSHA and within 6hrs for OSHA related incidents.
- Maintain professional physical appearance with required uniform and manner of communication.
- Seek all requirements for on-site deliveries, assist with movement of materials
- Support warehouse (assist with picking orders & cleanliness of warehouse) availability of driver hours permitting.
- Additional warehouse duties as required by the locations Service Center Manager and Service Center Supervisor.
- Complete all required Safety Training.
- Stay hydrated.
- Other duties may be assigned
What do you need?
- High school diploma or GED – required
- At least 6 to 12 months experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Maintain a CDL license A or B with air-brakes and Haz Mat endorsement. Forklift Certification or be willing and able to obtain a Forklift Certification with proper training within 60 days.
While performing the duties of this Job,you will be required to regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Must be able to frequently stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance and taste or smell.
Must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must pass pre-employment background screen and drug test.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and pass motor vehicle record search
Why Choose Target Specialty Products?
A career with Target is exactly that – a professional trajectory filled with opportunity. We pride ourselves on being a world class team that rewards high performance. We offer competitive pay on a bi-weekly pay schedule and many of our roles offer incentives based on performance and providing exceptional customer experience.
Below you’ll find information about some of what Target Specialty Products has to offer. All Full-Time Colleagues qualify for the following and Part-Time Colleagues qualify for most benefits when they meet certain criteria.
- Professional and Personal Growth:
- Robust Paid Training & Professional Development Path
- Opportunity to grow – We love to promote from within!
- Fantastic Tuition Reimbursement benefits & Scholarship Programs (for FT Colleagues)
- Excellent Health benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Access to Flexible Spending Accounts for Health-care or Dependent Care Expenses
- Outstanding Company-Paid Short Term Disability
- Access to Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program that offers services such as free counseling services, will preparation, discounts to health clubs, and other benefits
- Company-paid sick time
- Savings & Retirement:
- 401(k) retirement plan with highly-competitive company-matching contributions
- Holiday Savings Club option with company-matching funds
- Employee Discounts (includes many offerings, including cellular/mobile service, health clubs, and more)
- Work-Life Balance:
- Vacation Days & sick days
- Company-Paid Holidays & Floating Holidays
We are looking for individuals who want to make a difference where our customers live and work. Is that you?
Target Specialty Products is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to equality in every aspect of employment. As we expand, we are focused on building a foundation of diverse talent and equality in all areas of our workforce. All qualified applicants receive equal consideration, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Link to Federal employment poster:
- English Version – Revised November 2009
- Spanish Version – Revised November 2009
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
- English (Formatted)
- English (Unformatted)
Click Here To Apply