Assistant Credentialing Coordinator – Woodbridge, NJ 2 months
Sigma Inc. is currently looking for a Assistant Credentialing Coordinator to work onsite in Woodbridge, NJ
- Completes and processes physician and provider applications and re-applications for Fresenius Vascular Care, using verifications from the American Medical Association (AMA), National Practitioner Database (NPDB), state medical board websites, and other documents. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Administering the initial mailing of the applications,
- Conducting the detailed review and follow-up determining eligibility by applying FVC, TJC, regulatory and company standards as they relate to FVC physicians.
- Uploading the pertinent information into the database application.
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves provider file issues and changes communicating with the applicable personnel or physician as required to accomplish appropriate resolution.
- Audits files to ensure consistency and availability of all required documentation
- Reviews provider file changes obtaining missing information as needed.
- Removes and stores obsolete files with expired and unnecessary documents and reports according to company document storage requirements.
- Monitors credentialing status and information regarding FVC physician providers:
- Ensures the applicable timelines are met regarding document renewals and initial credentialing process.
- Informs physician providers regarding upcoming expiration dates of specific credentialing documentation and requesting the updated documents to be uploaded into the database application.
- Alerts manager and Physician Services senior management regarding any information regarding state license board or other agency disciplinary action notifications or similar issues pertaining to FVC physician providers.
- Responds to external inquiries received according to department policy and procedures escalating to the more complex queries to management as appropriate.
- Responsible for administering the re-credentialing of FVC providers every two years ascertaining if there are any changes which have to be made.
- Assists in the implementation and maintenance of company processes and procedures including The Joint Commission certification regulatory guidelines regarding physician privileging. Assists with FVC physician privileging including obtaining the requisite information and documentation regarding the administration and results of the peer review process for FVC physicians.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years required experience in healthcare administrative role, working with physicians and related administrative functions.
- Must be proficient with standard desktop office applications including Microsoft Office software applications.
- Must have excellent and effective verbal and written communication skills to communicate with providers and office staff.
- Must perform work at a high level of accuracy and within the required timelines.
- Must have good organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $20.00 – $23.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- 2 months or less
- One location
Click Here To Apply