THE JEWEL OF CHICAGO’S MAGNIFICENT MILE
InterContinental Chicago is a lot like the city itself; historic but hip, refined but relaxed, cultured but comfortable. A member of Michigan Avenue’s architectural elite since 1929, our hotel is within easy reach of Chicago’s incomparable museums, stores, theatres and restaurants. Navy Pier, Shedd Aquarium and Oak Street Beach are minutes away.
The InterContinental Hotel Group owns, operates and franchise more than 9,000 hotels, 120 million stays per year in nearly 100 countries. Our people lie at the heart of our business – and by bringing your expertise and passion to IHG; you will help us to achieve our goal of creating Great Hotels Guest Love.
Your day to day
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Starbucks managers, this job ensures service standards are met and surpassed by creating the Starbucks Experience for customers. This is achieved by providing customers with prompt service, quality beverages and products, and maintaining a clean and comfortable store environment.
- Reports directly to Starbucks managerial staff.
- Interacts and cooperates with other Baristas.
- Interacts with guests as appropriate.
- Interacts and cooperates with other outlets and departments as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops enthusiastically satisfied customers all the time
- Delivers Legendary Service to all customers by demonstrating “Just Say Yes” behavior and connecting with the customer. Responds to customer needs and says thank you to every customer.
- Maintains a calm and professional demeanor at all times; including those of high volume or unusual events to keep store operation to standard
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues. Discovers customer needs and appropriately suggests products with every customer to enhance service and meet/exceed sales goals.
- Assists customers in selection and purchase of specialty coffee beverages and whole bean sales.
- Maintains customer service area and equipment in a clean and appealing manner.
- Maintains Quality Licensed store Operations
- Provides quality beverages and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to recipe and presentation standards.
- Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Follows store policies and procedures for operational flow at each station.
- Performs cleaning tasks in accordance with the Duty Rosters and cleaning standards, working as a store team player.
- Presents oneself professionally and demonstrates clear communication with all customers and interactions with fellow associates.
- Communicates necessary information clearly to manager.
- Follows standards for merchandising, stocking, rotating and storing all products.
- Performs equipment maintenance in accordance with Starbucks maintenance standards.
- Follows cash handling and register policies as laid out and agreed to in the House Bank Agreement.
- Follows inventory stocking and recording guidelines.
- Takes Responsibility To Learn all aspects of barista position.
- Learns and demonstrates creating the Starbucks Experience.
- Completes Initial Store Training and passes Barista Certification.
What we need from you
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Ability to comprehend instructions prioritizes, organize, and work as delegated and complete job functions.
- Ability to be a clear thinker remains calm and resolves problems using sound judgment.
- Ability to work under pressure of meeting production schedules and timelines for guests and fellow workers.
- Ability to aid in the transportation of all work equipment and produce pertinent to carry out the job.
- Ability to work in conditions pertinent to the job.
- Ability to work with all products and equipment prescribed.
- Ability to plan and aid in the execution of promotions.
- Food Hygiene awareness and at least basic training.
- Ability to communicate in English with guests, co –workers and Management, to their understanding.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to provide legible written communication.
- Possess a friendly, upbeat & outgoing personality.
What we offer
At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies – people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we’re looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
In return we’ll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to be yourself.
So what’s your passion? Do you see yourself as a Barista? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Click Here To Apply