The GIS Technician performs the compilation and analyses of GIS data. Duties include reading and interpreting maps and other GIS data, collecting and analyzing GIS data sources and entering data into GIS databases, modifying GIS databases, drawing maps using automated software, and producing reports. To ensure success as a GIS Technician, you should have computer mapping skills, excellent problem-solving skills, and a passion for scientific research. A GIS Technician can take raw geographic data and transform it into usable maps and documents for business purposes.
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
- Compiling geographic information in the form of satellite images, geographical surveys, and aerial photographs.
- Researching and verifying geographic data.
- Entering new data into the GIS database.
- Drawing maps using advanced computer software.
- Ensuring maps are annotated and compiled with the correct information.
- Compiling reports using all available GIS and GPS data sources.
- Maintaining the GIS database and troubleshooting data issues.
- Traveling to geographic sites to conduct land surveys.
- Collects, organizes, edits, performs image interpretation and performs production tasks to produce finished products.
- Continually looks for methods to enhance production processes, lower costs and improve product delivery
- Reviews data to ensure compliance with standards.
- Assures quality. Follow Sanborn’s Quality Management System (QMS) and provide ISO training to employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associates’s degree or equivalent in GIS, Computer Science, or Engineering. or related field. Bachelors’s Degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in a GIS environment working with ESRI suite and tools and QGIS
- Experience with Open Street Maps
Hourly Range: $15-$19 per hour (depending on experience)
Sanborn offers a full comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life, accident, 401k, PTO, and holiday benefits with this position.
TO APPLY: Visit our website: www.Sanborn.com under the Careers menu option to apply for this position. Sanborn is an AA/Vet/Disability Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click Here To Apply