The GIS Supervisor provides technical expertise in GIS, GIS data collection, GIS product development, GIS services, GIS analytics and supervises GIS production processes. The GIS supervisor also performs administrative functions; assigns work; monitors schedule and budget; coordinates and communicates with other departments; and assures quality. The GIS supervisor manages department staff and also performs daily production work.
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
- Collects, organizes, edits, performs image interpretation and performs production tasks to produce finished products that meet internal and/or external client requirements.
- Provides technical expertise in GIS map production, troubleshoot and solve complex technical issues and develops production processes for data conversion and data processing.
- Supervise GIS mapping operations to ensure maximum efficiency, quality, and productivity.
- Reviews production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations.
- Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences.
- Prepares schedules and coordinates activities to ensure production and quality of products meet specifications.
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Continually looks for methods to enhance production processes, lower costs and improve product delivery
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes technicians to ensure compliance with standards.
- Provides support to Sales and Proposals staff as required for technical writing, presentations, cost estimates and project planning.
- Assures quality. Follow Sanborn’s Quality Management System (QMS) and provide ISO training to employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
Acts as the team lead, providing daily instruction, training, mentoring and direction to GIS team employees. Serves as an active participant in the hiring process. Contributes to employee evaluation process.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in GIS, Computer Science, or Engineering. or related field. Master’s Degree Preferred.
- 6 years of experience in a GIS environment working with ESRI suite and tools and QGIS
- Experience with Open Street Maps
- GIS Certification. GISP preferred.
Salary: 60-80k annual
Sanborn offers a full comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life, accident, 401k, PTO, and holiday benefits with this position.
TO APPLY: Visit our website: www.Sanborn.com under the Careers menu option to apply for this position. Sanborn is an AA/Vet/Disability Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click Here To Apply