YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Attendant-Nutritional Services – AdventHealth – Altamonte
601 E. Altamonte Dr.Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth -Altamonte
- Located north of Orlando in the community of Altamonte Springs, our facility is consistently named “Best Hospital” for overall quality, reputation, doctors and nurses by local residents
- As the largest satellite campus within the AdventHealth system, AdventHealth Altamonte has been providing state-of-the-art healthcare to the community since 1973
- The 398-bed hospital cares for more than 168,000 patients a year. We are proud to be revolutionizing health care with visionary leadership and world-class resources
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time 12 hour shift, Must have open availabilty during the week and open to rotating weekends
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork.
- Utilizes the computerized diet office application to guide and input patient menu selections to comply with the prescribed diet order. Utilizes knowledge of therapeutic diets. Suggests complementary menu items, condiments, and add-ons to comply with the diet order and improve patient satisfaction. Verifies and reads back menu selections. Maintains a record of patient preferences and pertinent information in the notes section of the patient’s account.
- Follows approved scripting during menu ordering and delivery. Utilizes bedside menu entry to record patient menu selections. Demonstrates competency in using an iPad for bedside menu entry process. Is flexible and adjusts to changes in the work environment, job duties, and policies & procedures. Maintains a positive attitude and willingly learns new skills and techniques. Demonstrates knowledge and competency with CBORD system (electronic diet office system), age specific considerations, patient diets, and allergies.
- Assembles trays per therapeutic diet guidelines and the established presentation standards. Ensures all patient food deliveries and retrievals are consistent with established timeframes, per department standard; checks trays for accuracy before delivery to patient. May assist with food prep and assembly as needed.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships between Nursing and the Nutritional Services Department. Maintains a positive, friendly, and courteous demeanor. Refers to standard operating procedure to escalate appropriate concerns to a supervisor, manager, or Registered Dietitian. Communicates effectively. Speaks clearly and professionally. Uses correct grammar.
What You Will Need: *
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English
- Ability to communicate with customers, in person and over the phone, professionally and efficiently
- Ability to handle customer interactions in a prompt, courteous, and helpful manner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to use common software applications and hardware (e.g., iPad, ToughBook)
- Two years of customer service experience
- Knowledge of therapeutic diets
- Ability to effectively multi-task
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Associate degree in management, liberal arts, food and nutrition or business
The Attendant â“ Nutritional Services, under close supervision, serves patients of diverse ages, cultures, and backgrounds by taking menu orders in person and over the phone, utilizing a computerized diet office application and basic knowledge of therapeutic diets. Assembles tray and tray items and delivers food to patients. Builds and maintains strong relationships with Nursing and provides excellent customer service to patients and their families. Complies with AdventHealth, Nutritional Services (NS), and regulatory standards. Participates in department process improvement efforts. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Internal Number: 21009543
Location: 601 E. Altamonte Dr., Altamonte Springs, FL
Job Type: Full-time
Click Here To Apply