Are you passionate about helping people? Do you want to make a difference in people’s lives?
Do you want to be a part of something greater? To get exposure to many different disciplines while making a positive impact on the lives of a diverse patient population? At Cedars-Sinai Medical Care Foundation you’ll learn from dedicated healthcare professionals every single day and use state-of-the-art facilities to do something incredible – for yourself and for others. You will support the physicians and nursing staff in the delivery of health care by performing a variety of medically related tasks.
X-Ray Tech’s performs x-rays on patients for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes within scope of practice as directed by physician/clinician. Additionally, this position performs routine administrative and clinical tasks to keep the offices of physicians and other health practitioners running smoothly. The responsibilities of this position are concurrent with Cedars-Sinai Medical Care Foundation guidelines, all in accordance with Cedars-Sinai Medical Care Foundation policies, practices and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs diagnostic radiographic procedures, positioning patients on the examining table and adjusting equipment to obtain optimum views of specific body area (Chest, Extremities and Torso-Skeletal) as requested by physician
- Performs a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgment for the radiological diagnosis
- Assist medical provider in exam rooms
- Able to assist the attending medical provider during examinations and minor surgeries
- Escort patients to exam rooms, interviews patients, measure vital signs and document all information in patient’s chart
- Give instructions to patients as instructed by medical provider
- Keep exam rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies, maintain instruments, prepare sterilization as required
- Take telephone messages and provide feedback and answers to patient/medical provider
- Maintain all logs and required checks (i.e. refrigerator temperatures, emergency medications, expired medications, oxygen, cold sterilization fluid change, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal and customer services skills
- Able to work independently or as a team in a highly organized fast-paced environment
- Excellent multi-tasking ability; cooperative and willingness to assist others
- Ability to read, write and comprehend medical information
- Must have excellent computer and Microsoft Office application skills
Click Here To Apply