This is an exciting opportunity to work with a Fortune 500 company in Alaska. Tuboscope, a division of National Oilwell Varco is seeking qualified candidates to fill this very specialized role in their office located in the Prudhoe Bay oilfield. NOV is a multinational corporation with over 64,000 employees worldwide. Tuboscope has been in business since 1938, has 190 locations in 49 countries, and has been operating continuously in Alaska since 1977. Tuboscope conducts non-destructive examination and repair of a wide variety of oilfield equipment and has a large customer base that includes oil companies, drilling contractors, and oilfield support companies.
The Quality Coordinator is responsible for maintaining the company’s ISO 9001:2015 registration and internal quality management systems. This includes management review meetings, quality metrics, audits, calibrations, root cause analysis and corrective actions, training coworkers, and promoting continual improvement. The Quality Coordinator also works to implement customer requirements and resolve quality concerns.
Because Tuboscope’s Prudhoe bay operation is small, with approximately 20 full-time employees, the opportunity to grow includes many other tasks such as technical report writing and editing, customer billing, project quoting and proposal development. We are seeking an individual with strong verbal and written communication skills who is eager to learn and willing to tackle a wide variety of tasks.
Prudhoe Bay is located at the top of Alaska, on the edge of the Arctic Ocean. As an active oilfield, employees work a two-week on, two-week off rotating schedule. When at work, we typically put in 12 hours per day, 7 days a week. Employees enjoy two weeks off every month! Round-trip travel from Anchorage to Prudhoe Bay, and room and board are paid for by the company.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with technical writing.
- Excellent written, organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills,
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Skilled at creating documentation and procedures.
- Experience as a quality professional is a plus.
- Experience with leading and/or training others is useful.
- Experience conducting non-destructive examination techniques is a huge plus.
- Oilfield experience is a huge plus.
- A willingness to contribute in all levels of the organization.
- Is highly organized and self-motivated.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: hourly wage, DOE
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits (401k)
Tuboscope / NOV Wellbore Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 – $30.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
Tuboscope has a State of Alaska approved “COVID-19 Community Workforce Protective Plan” in force which covers all aspects of Covid-19 mitigation.
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Prudhoe Bay, AK (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Quality systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- Oilfield: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company’s Facebook page:
- Remote interview process
Click Here To Apply