Hiring now for the following locations: SDSU College Area (Del Cerro), Mira Mesa, Mission Valley/Serra Mesa, Coronado & Imperial Beach!
Take a peek: https://vimeo.com/519621085/b4d5a7eaae
KinderCare Education is the nation’s leader in early childhood education. We nourish curiosity through purposeful experiences to create a future full of lifelong learners. From our National Support Center, to the classrooms where learning comes to life, we’re united by a passion to create a world of learning, joy and adventure for more than 161,000 children ages six-weeks through 12 years every day.
Our Champions After-School Teachers bring warmth, patience, and understanding to the classroom every day, encouraging children to learn and grow. They inspire children to be lifelong learners using our nationally recognized curriculum that promotes social, physical, verbal, and cognitive development. Our Teachers are committed to making their center successful and know that creating meaningful relationships with children, families, and their team play a crucial role in that success.
When you join our team as an After-School Teacher you will: **
- Implement KCE’s curriculum in a way that is consistent with the unique needs of each child
- Supervise a group of school-aged children, while creating a safe, nurturing environment where they can play and learn.
- Partner and communicate with parents, with a shared desire to provide the best care and education for their children.
- Support your site’s success; partner with center staff and leadership to achieve goals around enrollment, accreditation, and engagement.
- Cultivate positive relationships with families, teachers, state licensing authorities, community contacts and corporate partners.
Required Skills and Experience: **
- A love for children and a strong desire to make a difference every day.
- Ability to build relationships with families and coworkers and create a dynamic environment where play and learning happens.
- Outstanding customer service skills, strong organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task and manage multiple situations effectively
- Completed college units in Liberal Studies, Early Childhood Education (ECE), Child Development, Psychology, Sociology, Elementary Education, Recreation, Art, Physical Education, Human Services, etc
- CPR and First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain
- 1+ year Teaching or Childcare experience, or experience working with children in a licensed childcare setting (preferred)
- Must meet state specific guidelines for the role
- Must be physically able to use a computer with basic proficiency, lift a minimum of 40 pounds, and work indoors or outdoors.Must be able to assume postures in low levels to allow physical and visual contact with children, see and hear well enough to keep children safe, and engage in physical activity with children.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English.
The benefits our career professionals enjoy: **
In addition to a rewarding career where you help shape children’s futures, KinderCare Education provides a competitive compensation package. Benefits include:
- Medical, dental and vision
- Heavily Discounted child care
- Generous paid time off
- Education assistance and reimbursement
- Medical expense reimbursement/ Life insurance/Disability benefits/ Health and wellness programs
- 401(k) savings and investment plan with employer match
KinderCare Education employs more than 32,000 team members across 1,700 locations nationwide. Our devoted family of education providers leads the nation in accreditation and includes KinderCare® Learning Centers, KinderCare Education at Work®, Champions® Before- and After-School Programs, Cambridge Schools™, Knowledge Beginnings® and The Grove School®.
KinderCare Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Job Type: Full-time and/or Part-Time
Learn More about working for us!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $14.00 – $15.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- How many college units have you completed in any of the following fields: Child Development, Early Childhood Education ECE, Liberal Studies, Elementary Education, Psychology, Sociology, PE, Theater, Art, Human Services, etc?
- childcare or teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Click Here To Apply