You were voted “Best Listener” in school. You thrive on details and processes. Organized is your middle name. Your career aspiration is to improve others’ quality of life.
You want to work with some of the most creative, fun and progressive people in our industry, and eat chocolate-covered potato chips. Guess what? We have the job for you.
JLG Architects is seeking a Human Resources Coordinator. Not just any Human Resources Coordinator, mind you. A JLG Human Resources Coordinator:
– Knows his or her stuff. Federal and state employment laws, record keeping, compliance, benefits, compensation, and employee relations – yeah, you got this.
– Works well with others. You are a strong verbal and written communicator, and even better at managing and maintaining confidential and sensitive information with professionalism and discretion.
– Is always ready to help. Assisting JLG’s Human Resources Director means you are reliable, self-motivated, great at record keeping and accuracy, and can quickly learn new tasks and software applications.
A few more attributes of a future JLG-er:
– You are a professional. You hold a Bachelor’s degree in human resources, or a related field with ideally a minimum of three years of HR experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience to perform the essential duties of the job).
– You are experienced. You are educated in employment law, compensation, and benefit administration – and you potentially have your HRCI and/or SHRM certification.
– You are ready to apply. Visit www.jlgarchitects.com/careers and suit up for the first day of the rest of your life.
On a 20-below January day in 1989, Gary Johnson and Lonnie Laffen opened the doors to JLG Architects with little more than a stack of bumwad and a burning desire to truly make a difference through great design (and probably a space heater, because brr).
Thirty plus years later, we are one of the country’s 50 Most Admired Companies (MSN Money), 50 Best Places to Work (Inc. Magazine), and Architecture Giants (Building Design+Construction). That two-person firm may have grown to 150 professionals in 11 offices, but our driving force remains the same.
Every day at JLG is a new day for creating, inspiring and solving challenges. Everyone – from our Intern Designers to our Construction Administrator to our Marketing staff – is the heart and brains of the process, and we work closely together because we are inspired by one another. We live and work with passion; we never stop at “good enough” when it comes to our own expertise and aptitude, and are innovative and resilient in seeking out new ways to actively participate in the experience of being a JLGer.
In fact, our JLGers are so important that we became a 100% Employee-Owned ESOP in 2014 because the best place to grow your career is at a business of your own design. So, if you are someone with fire in your belly and fun up your sleeve, you’re someone we want to meet.
Beyond a love for award-winning architecture and chocolate-covered potato chips (not required), here is what makes a JLGer:
DESIGN | We raise the bar.
We elevate outcomes and expectations through thoughtful, creative, and inspirational solutions.
RELATIONSHIPS | We build connections.
We nurture collaborative, supportive, authentic, and respectful relationships through clear and honest communication and adaptive decision-making.
COMMUNITY | We make a difference.
We find new ways to actively engage in and uplift all of our communities — from our professional network to our local neighborhood to our family of JLGers.
STEWARDSHIP | We take good care.
We make responsible decisions regarding our clients’, firm’s, and planet’s resources, treating them like they’re our own.
INTEGRITY | We do what we say.
We do right by our clients, our communities, and ourselves.
But wait, there’s more – here are a few other reasons why it’s good to be a JLGer:
– Agile workforce program
– Summer and flexible hours
– JLGfit program
– Company-wide events and in-house social gatherings
– 100%-paid Medical Insurance
– Dental, Vision and Supplemental Insurance; Health Savings Account; Life, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
– Paid time off; paid holidays; paid bereavement; paid parental leave
– Flexible Spending Accounts (Health/Daycare FLEX)
– Formal peer mentoring program; Company-sponsored training and continuing education
– Paid Licensure and NCARB fees
– Paid Architectural Registration Exams
– Endless growth opportunities
– For new graduates, a 3-year development program that cuts the time to licensure in half
– Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
– 401(k) retirement plan with employer match contribution
– Licensure bonus program
– Discretionary bonuses
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- One location
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings
Click Here To Apply