Wheelabrator Technologies is a waste management company committed to delivering essential waste management solutions to customers and communities supported by our team of 1,800 employees. We believe in preserving our environment for future generations while providing for today’s needs. Wheelabrator is a vertically integrated business with a platform of 40+ strategically located collection, transfer and disposal assets. These include waste-to-energy facilities, transfer stations, ash monofills, landfills, and fleets of rail cars and collection vehicles. We process more than 13 million tons of waste annually, convert 9 million tons of waste into clean, renewable energy that powers hundreds of thousands of homes and recycles more than 390K tons of plastic, paper and metals from the waste stream. For more on Wheelabrator, please visit www.wtienergy.com.
Our Wheelabrator South Broward facility in Ft. Lauderdale, FL is currently looking for an Assistant Plant Operator who is confident and enthusiastic individual who will have the responsibility to monitor and operate boilers and auxiliary plant equipment from the field to maintain safe, efficient and continuous plant operations. With guidance and as requested, operate boilers and auxiliary plant equipment locally throughout the plant, making necessary adjustments to maintain safety and efficiency while maintaining environmental regulations.
- 2 years working in a power plant operation or 3 years related experience
- Mechanical skills sufficient to perform varied mechanical tasks such as replacement of shear pins, valve repacking and equipment inspections
- Knowledge and understanding of the operation of a steam generating power plant
Certificates and Licenses
Licenses as required by Local, State, Federal, Environmental and/or Health/Safety Regulatory agencies.
Work in areas under adverse conditions that may require the donning and use of personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, the following with average fatigue:
- Negative pressure respirator
- Positive pressure respirator
- Chemical resistant suit
- Heat resistant outerwear
- Flame resistant outerwear
Physical Demands include but is not limited to:
- Handle tools, equipment, fine motor skills
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb and walk on heights often greater than 4 feet
- Access confined spaces and pressure vessels through standard 12″ by 16″ manways
- Operate a 1.5 inch fire hose operating at 125 PSI line pressure to the extent required to extinguish fire
- Operate fire extinguishing equipment ranging from hand held extinguishers to 200 lbs. portable units
Power up your career by applying today!!
At Wheelabrator Technologies, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Click Here To Apply