Hero Dental, Vision, and Orthodontics (DVO), LLC, is part of the Hero Practice Services group. Hero is the only practice management company focused on delivering the systems, processes, and people needed to efficiently deliver quality dental, vision, and orthodontic care to children in underserved communities. With 26 offices across seven states, we have helped over a million children, ages six months through 20 years, gain access to the care they need since 2006. Working at Hero is both a career and a calling…join us, BE A HERO!
Serving the needs of the Medicaid population requires a well-oiled machine. Our fast-paced, high volume offices require smart scheduling, effective patient communications, tested processes, and dedicated, well-trained personnel. The Hero DVO team knows what it takes to provide quality dental, vision, and orthodontic care under one roof. We are looking to create long-term relationships with the children and families we serve, and to achieve that goal; we are dedicated to providing our team with the support, compensation, and lifestyle they need for career happiness.
Navigating the healthcare system can be a challenge for the families we serve. At Hero, we make it easy and enjoyable for parents to get regular vision, dental, and orthodontic care for their children. Our kid-friendly offices take the fear out of dental visits, and all our staff is trained to put both children and parents at ease. From scheduling to payments, eyewear selection to orthodontics, we make it fun, easy, and affordable for children to thrive.
To be the leading provider of high-quality and compassionate dental, vision, and orthodontic services to children in underserved communities.
Outcome of the Role
The General Anesthesia Team Lead’s role is to support the dentist in providing excellent, high-quality care to patients at a pediatric dental practice and outpatient surgery center, including sedation/surgery.
The outcome of this role is achieved by following Hero Core Values:
Integrity – Doing what is right for our patients, our teammates, and our company. Upholding moral principles and trustworthy actions.
- Be in compliance with all laws governing our company (e.g., HIPAA)
- Responsible for the clinical, operational, and administrative oversight for Anesthesia
- Maintain patient confidentiality
- Always do the right thing—even when no one is watching
- Support the organization’s goals and values, support affirmative action and respect diversity, and adhere to state and federal guidelines
Mission Driven – Focused on delivering high quality, compassionate healthcare through your daily activities in efforts to better the community we service.
- Responsible for leading the team of Anesthesia Dental Assistants, ensuring that the required clinical competencies are maintained and that clinical standards of practice are followed in their daily work
- Ensure that a smooth flow of anesthesia support services and anesthesia supplies/equipment are available to all patients receiving Anesthesia care within each practice
- Willing to travel to out of state practices for training
- Work daily with the daily Dental GA assistants, Dentist, and daily Anesthesiologist to ensure all daily anesthesia needs are met with the overall responsibility of reporting to the specialty services director
Patient First – Evaluating our level of service and quality to the people we serve, putting what’s best for our patients above all else.
- Coordinate all patients on the schedule for all offices
- Monitor the office spreadsheets and ensure cases are being reviewed
- Partner with Chief Dental Officer & Specialty Services Director on patient reviews
- Conduct both pre-and post-op phone calls to parents
- Assemble all pre-op and post-op folders and take-home bags for patients
- Follow-up on all Health and Physicals
- Create and monitor the GA Calendar for set days for each office which includes communication with anesthesia groups
Accountability – Taking responsibility for meeting our commitment and taking ownership of our results.
- Audit all charts for proper documentation
- Communicate to PL’s & DTL’s the GA days and information
- Be the check-in and check out face of GA for parents
- Complete confirmation calls to parents
- Complete chart completing and submitting claims
- Maintain monthly financial spreadsheets
Compassion – Having the insight and vision to see others and help them along the journey of awareness, courage, confidence, and joy. Seeing people as humans and assuming positive intent.
- Support a non-judgmental environment for patients and their families
- Work with others to provide and understand vision and inspiration to peers by displaying passion and optimism, remaining open to others’ ideas, and being able to work in a fast-paced environment with different personalities
- Work situations are both routine and urgent/emergent in nature and require significant organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrate effective and professional communication via telephone and face to face interactions with both internal and external personnel
Teamwork – Acting as a contributing teammate to those you work with, striving for common culture and goals. Supporting one another to achieve the mission and seeing opportunity in yourself and others to develop and grow.
- Report to work as scheduled and ready to work
- Collaborate with others to provide high-quality care and experience for our patients and their families
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment with different personalities
- Provide support to the anesthesia department by assisting in the identification and replacement of staff required to fill known staffing needs daily
- Work collaboratively with the Regional Director of Operatiosn and team leaders in each practice
- High school diploma or GED
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Previous work experience in a high-volume dental or oral surgery practice – a minimum of 1 year
- Able to multi-task and complete dental tasks correctly and on time
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills, listening to patients’ needs and possesses a friendly and outgoing demeanor
- Preferred knowledge of EagleSoft
- Must be comfortable and knowledgeable of General Anesthesia and Oral Surgery
This position requires full range of body motion. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to handle or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 25 pounds.
Work is performed in a standard office environment. This role routinely utilizes standard office equipment.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The statements contained herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by GA Team Leads, but is not a complete list of the responsibilities, duties, or skills required. Other duties may be assigned as business needs dictate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hero Practice Services group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary and Benefits
Full-time, exempt position. Competitive compensation and benefits package.
Click Here To Apply