Junior Tech Ops (Technical Operations) & Data Analyst Specialist
Healthcare Staffing Technology Company, Newark, NJ
FT position ($35k-$40k, commensurate with experience, plus annual bonus) – RECENT COLLEGE GRADS WELCOME
Summary: Growing and dynamic healthcare staffing technology company with significant growth YOY for past four years, needs a junior tech/ops specialist… recent college grads, or even current college students are encouraged to apply. Reporting to the COO, and working with the Sr. Tech Ops Analyst, you needn’t be a coder, but you must be very comfortable with technology, interested in and excellent at figuring out how to use various SaaS applications, a true problem solver, and someone who simply wants to learn and execute… learn and execute. You must be highly intelligent and creative. Must be pro-active. This is a high-growth, fast-moving company, and we need a vibrant, positive, highly competent and extremely ambitious individual who can communicate very well in person and in writing.
Overview and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for supporting the Sr. Tech Ops Analyst and COO with various implementations of technology across the company.
- Understanding our current needs and requirements for the implementation of technology across the company. We use a dozen different technologies and softwares, and improving the implementation of these throughout the business is the core responsibility of this position.
- Collaborate with the COO, Sr. Tech Ops Analyst and account managers to understand the desired workflows we need to automate and understand how they are executed with a combination of human interaction and technology.
- Define, manage, direct the daily execution of the project work effort
- Partner with Staffing and Finance teams to understand and determine resource needs and capacity planning
- Provide input into business cases and realization of expected proposed project benefits/ROI
- Regularly evaluate and implement opportunities to improve project management best practices
- Establish professional standards for project management – using industry innovations, best practices, standards, methodologies, and key performance metrics to drive continuous improvement
- Create organizational credibility with respect to all project management deliverables and process efficiencies by instilling the culture of execution, operational excellence, and accountability for outcomes
- Identify and prioritize organizational opportunities based on capacity data
- Oversee and govern Project Management tooling, using either JIRA, Trello or other project management development tools
- Apply risk management assessment in project planning / ongoing execution and resolve issues and conflicts associated with management of multiple complex high-priority projects
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent experience, preferred; However, current college students may apply.
- Exceptional analytical and project leadership skills
- Competency with Microsoft Excel and data analysis
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to identify opportunities in existing processes that needs improvement or automation
- Demonstrate previous experience in identifying issues and turning them into opportunities
- Consultative and collaborative abilities to navigate complex environments
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills and ability to work with all levels of leadership, management and staff, both business and technical
- Proven ability to lead and work through others without direct reporting relationship to achieve business goals utilizing persuasion and influencing skills
- Excellent communication skills and the capacity to explain technical concepts in a easily understood manner
- Keen interest in business operations, process improvement, and change impact
- Experience working with SQL and relational databases
Competencies: You should be a team player possessing good analytical, verbal and writing skills. You should also possess the ability to exercise good judgment, problem solve, work independently and be motivated to perform to the best of your abilities. Good organizational skills and high ethical standards are expected. You should be willing to take on any challenge but also know your limitations.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos; Ability to write correspondence in proper grammatical form; Ability to effectively present information verbally in one-on-one and small group situations with management, customers, clients and employees of the company. Must speak English clearly and comfortably as verbal communication with multiple people is core to this position each and every day.
Work Environment: We are in a first-class, recently renovated, state-of-the-art building in downtown Newark, right near the Broad St. train station. The noise level in the work environment is moderate and normal for a vibrant office. You’ll always have account managers on the phone staffing shifts and talking to nurses, but you will be able to work among them in the office.
Compensation & Hours: We offer a competitive salary with benefits commensurate with experience. We are looking for someone who can work full-time in our office in Newark. This is not a work-from-home position. The range of duties will depend on the individual.
IMPORTANT: Please write a concise, well-written, one paragraph cover note to us explaining why this position interests you and why you’d be a great candidate to join our amazing company.
LINKEDIN: If you have a profile on LinkedIn, that’s a plus. Please include the URL of your profile (be precise) in your cover note.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 – $40,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- SQL: 1 year (Preferred)
- Business Analysis: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Company’s Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Click Here To Apply