This position is not remote, candidate will work out of corporate office.
The award-winning Marketing department at Moon Valley Nurseries is looking for a JR GRAPHIC ARTIST to join our team. Candidates should have an artistic eye, attention to detail, a creative mind, an outstanding work ethic, a love of fun, and preferably graphic design experience with a retail organization. If you are ready to bring the Great to GRAPHICS, have an outstanding personality (even when tested by others), and enjoy a team atmosphere in a fast-paced environment, please apply RIGHT AWAY and contact Paul @ 602-526-0863 (M-F from 9 am – 4 pm) for questions or to follow up.
Moon Valley Nurseries is the largest grower of box trees and palms in North America and is an industry leader and high growth company that offers competitive salaries with exceptional employee benefits including medical insurance, 401(k), holidays, and PTO to all eligible employees. We have some of the MOST GORGEOUS job sites in the world including some amazing retail nurseries in the greater Phoenix area! We make the average person’s #1 investment WORTH UP TO 25% MORE! We are making the earth a better-looking place and lowing carbon footprints every single day! We are saving the WORLD!
If you have a passion to make the world a better place and the desire to succeed Moon Valley Nurseries may be for you! Moon Valley is a growing company that is built on the fundamental principle of delivering on one simple rule: Bigger trees, Better service, and always the Best Value… Guaranteed!
A Great Place to Work
Moon Valley Nursery is proud to be a family owned and operated company – and a zero-carbon-footprint, water-wise, eco-friendly, environmentally green company! We were founded in 1995 and have grown to be the Largest Box Tree nursery in North America, with farming, retail and landscaping operations throughout the southwest and across three time zones. Our passion is providing high quality trees and plants to our customers THE RIGHT WAY! with our “you buy it and we plant it” tree deals, where everything from design through delivery and installation is performed by our professional and dedicated nursery staff, along with a one-of-a-kind tree warranty! As the grower of its own massive inventory of trees, plants, palms and more, Moon Valley continues to set the industry standard for the highest quality, hardiest, and most aesthetically pleasing products.
About the Job
The JR Graphic Artist (GA) is responsible for collaborating with Marketing teams and retail operations to produce static and video designs and content for product labels, brand art, literature pages, mailers, signage, product videos and other collateral to support MVN’s sales and marketing objectives. The GA provides superior creative design concepts, quality typography & photography, web design support, and brings photo and video skills to the Marketing team. This roll is expected to produce eye-catching designs and use their conceptual visualization skills to represent our products to the fullest, work well within a highly collaborative team culture, and excel at performing routine and complex duties within communicated timeframes while maintaining a high level of quality and aesthetics.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Imagining, proposing, and designing artwork & graphic design ideas and work product.
- Working with the Marketing team to develop and implement marketing and advertising campaigns that align with the overall MVN Strategic Marketing Plan.
- Providing execution of creative concepts for designing marketing graphics and layouts for print and digital campaigns, brochures, flyers, signage, etc.
- Retouching product imagery.
- Working on social media images and static ads.
- Being involved in creative brainstorm sessions.
- Generating quality, relevant graphic & artistic content for online, social media, and marketing campaigns.
- Assisting with trade shows preparation and execution as needed.
- Managing and maintaining photo archives, graphic files, and catalogs artwork in a logical and easily accessible manner.
- Providing color correcting, retouching, cropping, and optimizing images for print and/or digital media.
- Illustrating stories or themes in line with brand standards.
- Assisting in photography selection for various uses.
- Helping design and execute marketing materials and designs.
- Producing creative assets that adhere to MVN brand’s visual style guide.
- Producing static and video designs and content for product labels, brand art, literature pages, product videos and other collateral to support Sales and Marketing objectives.
- Completing all tasks within expected deadlines.
- Performing other duties and tasks as assigned.
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Two + years of graphic design and/or graphic art related experience required.
- Demonstrated eBusiness and Social Media experience desired.
- Experience in design concepts, typography, photography, software, web design and photo and video skills
- Good interpersonal skills as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Artistic, creative, and aesthetic eye and/or vision.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite with emphasis in Illustrator, InDesign & Photoshop required
- Experience with MS Office Suite particularly MS Word, Publisher, and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of WordPress, HTML and/or CSS a plus.
- Strong time management, attention to detail, organizational skills, and follow through.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to maintain creativity and quality while meeting all internal and external deadlines.
- Ability to work well with others and to learn quickly
Career Growth and Rewards
With more than 30 locations across the Wild West and growing, Moon Valley team members have fantastic career opportunities. Our competitive pay, great benefits, professional development opportunities and our incentive programs provide the potential for additional earnings and professional growth! Moon Valley is also one of the best training companies in the industry and we provide ongoing training, support self-development, and we GROW & Learn TOGETHER (pun intended).
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. We are a Drug Free Workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Graphic Design: 1 year (Preferred)
- Adobe Illustrator: 1 year (Preferred)
- Adobe InDesign: 2 years (Preferred)
- Adobe Acrobat: 2 years (Preferred)
- Adobe Photoshop: 2 years (Preferred)
- Production design: 2 years (Preferred)
- Social media marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Adobe Creative Suite: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location
Click Here To Apply