“Opening a World of Possibilities”
Who we are: The Center for Social Dynamics (CSD) is an organization providing services to those with developmental delays, including autism, in the state of California, Oregon, Washington, Colorado, and Hawaii.
CSD’s people and programs deliver personalized, professional, evidence-based behavioral and developmental services to each participant, and peace of mind to caregivers that their loved ones are in the right hands and are receiving the best possible care.
Our mission is to open a world of possibilities for those with Autism and other developmental needs through science, compassion, and humility.
What is a Behavior Specialist?
Our Behavior Specialists are the foundation of our success in providing quality care and service through the implementations of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and play-based programs to clients with Autism Spectrum Disorder and other co-morbid developmental disabilities. This is a part-time opportunity; perfect for supplemental income and/or flexibility around a school schedule. Depending on your availability and client needs, there is an opportunity to work over 30 hours per week.
What your role is:
- Have fun with our clients while teaching them the skills that they need!
- Implement individualized programs for children and young adults based on behavioral analysis principles that increase communication, self-help, social and play skills
- Manage inappropriate behaviors that occur. Through the implementation of Behavior Intervention Plans (BIPs) and support from your clinical team
- Collect data using a tablet/mobile device to manage the child’s progress
- Facilitate interactions with peers, coworkers, and families
- Keep the children motivated to learn through positive reinforcement
- Travels to home and other community settings, as required, to deliver services
- Renders completed sessions daily and write thorough notes per CSD’s cancellation policy when changes occur. Communicates schedule changes and cancellations to the clinical team immediately
- Participates in regular meetings and promptly communicates with the clinical team via email and phone, regarding Treatment Plans and Behavioral Support Plans, and family concerns and questions
What’s required from you?
- H.S. Diploma
- Flexible availability – we have a high-demand to service clients Monday through Thursday from 3-7:30 pm
- The more availability you have the better!
- Ability to attend new hire training for one week, Monday through Friday from 9-5 pm
- Reliable transportation required – DMV report will be pulled
- Clean driving record
- Automobile Insurance
- Copy of active driver’s license and insurance policy
- A background check (clean history)
- Have access to a working cell phone
- You’ll use your phone to collect data
- You’ll need to download a HIPAA compliant package
What’s in it for you?
- Hours worked – quarterly payout
- $1.00 bonus/billable hours worked if you meet or exceed 240 hours per quarter
- Sub-sessions – monthly payout
- $20.00 bonus for all accepted & completed sub-sessions
- Offered and scheduled via our new CSD sub-session app
- Medical benefits – eligible after working 30+ hours/week consistently over a six month period
- Cell phone usage – $25.00/mo reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus – $250.00 and up depending on the job level of hire
- Certifications – Obtain certification for BTL1/RBT, CPR, BARB (OR & WA only)
- Internship program – Clinical Leader Internship that can lead to full-time employment + benefits
- Academic growth
- In-House ABA Program – Participation in in-house ABA program via National University
- College credits – receive college credits from San Jose City College
- Career advancement opportunities! We heavily emphasize internal promotions and growth.
- Paid training prior to working with clients (combo of training online and in-person)
- Paid drive time and mileage reimbursement
- Monthly stipends for toys and materials
- The opportunity to gain supervised independent fieldwork hours for those in need of practicum/internship hours
- Accident and Critical Illness insurance coverage
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $16.00 – $18.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
- Multiple locations
Hours per week:
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
Click Here To Apply