Manages a unit within a department. Plans, organizes and develops goals and procedures for the unit. Represents the unit to administrators, outside agencies and others on relevant matters. Supervises subordinate staff.
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Unv Hlth Sci Ctr El Paso
HSC – El Paso
Faculty Recruitment Elp
- Serves as liaison between Office of Faculty Affairs, President and Dean’s Office, recruiting departments and candidates representing faculty position qualification, position duties, salary, benefits and work environment for faculty openings
- Manages faculty searches for all senior leadership positions and faculty positions as assigned by the Senior Director and
Assistant Director of Faculty Affairs and Recruitment
- Develops sourcing strategies for the recruiting departments and administration for all open faculty positions, and implements searches to include preparation and posting of journal and internet advertisement, direct mail campaigns, etc.
- Revises and Develops policies and procedures to ensure communication with all recruitment process stakeholders to provide faculty recruitment updates on all open faculty searches and maintains confidentiality as required.
- Supervises all facets of interview site visits, including but not limited to travel arrangements, interview schedules,
community tours, recruitment luncheons/dinners and miscellaneous activities and literary preparations for faculty candidates and spouses
- Screens and verifies candidates background and credentials according to predetermined criteria and policies and
forwards eligible candidate materials to recruiting department -Develops written training materials, guides and representations to assist departments and faculty candidates through the recruitment process from sourcing, to the formal letter of offer and contract
- Fulfills administrative and supervisory requirements for designated subordinates, including processing of administrative
leave forms, time sheets, additional compensation, EPAFs, vacation and leave requests, performance evaluations, performance management counseling, etc.
- Manages databases (Kenexa, Contentverse, etc.) of all faculty recruitment searches or projects. -Serves as Project Manager (PM) for at least one major project and assists in the execution of events or projects for the Dean’s Office and/or Office of Faculty
Affairs (i.e., Faculty Newsletter, Annual Faculty Recognition Banquet, New Faculty Orientation programs, Community
Faculty events, etc.)
- Performs all other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
Experience in faculty/physician recruitment, allied health recruitment, fiscal management, governance structures and
committee management preferred Knowledge of personal computers, specifically: MS Office software (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and Access), MS Outlook Ability to establish and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships
with all levels of personnel and the general public and in particular, community physicians and their support staff
Experience in customer service/complaint handling or conflict resolution techniques. Ability to compose clear and
concise business correspondence, reports, and polices and procedures. Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills and
ability to thrive in busy office environment with multiple deadlines. Bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration,
business administration, or related field plus three (3) years of supervisory experience in provider services, faculty
services, or health-care related experience with a combined combination equal seven years.
Bachelor’s degree plus three years supervisory experience; OR a combination of education and/or supervisory experience to equal seven years.
Public speaking experience helpful. Experience in healthcare field preferred. Skills in presentation design preferred. Valid Texas Driver’s license and liability insurance for use or personal vehicle, willingness to travel and take early morning and weekend meetings as needed Preferred experience in graphic design software and experience with Adobe design software including Illustrator, Photoshop and Indesign.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Cover Letter, Resume / CV
Minimum Hire Rate
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Up to 25%
Senior Other Administrative
Apply to job
Send to friend
Click Here To Apply