Patient Account Representative/ AR Specialist
***NOT AN ENTRY LEVEL POSITION*** EXPERIENCE REQUIRED***
Busy/ fast paced office is in need of a Patient Account Representative/ AR Specialist in the Gastonia area. Under supervision, the PAR will be responsible for a variety of office/clerical tasks. This position will work the accounts receivable in accordance to compliance guidelines and specific state and payer rules. The position will require the ability to work independently. This position will be mainly responsible for working AR for multiple clinics with some payment posting.
The tasks will include:
- Identifying problem accounts, investigate and correct errors, missing account information, and resolves past due accounts
- Reviewing claims for accuracy and working clearinghouse and payer rejections
- Resolving payer denials
- Resolving past due accounts
- Following up on outstanding receivables and completes basic appeals.
- Answers inquiries regarding patient accounts
- Answering questions from clinics and insurance companies
- Prepares reports to identify and resolve accounts
- Processing insurance payments and adjustments.
- Preparing daily reports
- Working independently
- Calling and collecting payments from patients
- Will perform mathematical computations
- Composes and types routine correspondence, letters, appeals, etc
- Preparing patient statements
- Preparing information for collections agencies
- Adhering to HIPAA guidelines
- Answering phones
- Light, weekly office cleaning
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Interpersonal/ human relation skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to make basic math calculations
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD-10
- Customer Service Skills
- Basic computer skills, Microsoft Office
- Ability to respond to questions in a tactful and professional manner
- Ability to maintain accuracy
- Ability to interpret accounts
- Billing through a clearinghouse
- Experience with Medicare and Medicaid a plus
- Strong problem solving skills
- Attention to follow through
- Ability to Multi-task
- Ability to work independently
- High School Diploma
- 2 years of medical collections experience with insurance and patients
- 2 years payment posting
Physical Demands : The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk to hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and sit. The employee is frequently required to be mobile. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Hourly rate is $13.00- $14.00/hr plus an individual monthly incentive plan, as well as a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, disability, life and a 401(k) plan, in addition to other outstanding benefits such as Paid Time Off starting on days 91 of your employment.
NO Agency calls.
Please apply online to be considered with salary history. We do look for stable past work history.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 – $14.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Employees in office will work 6+ feet apart and could be in separate rooms.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- ICD-10: 2 years (Preferred)
- Medical Billing: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location
- Reconciling the accounts receivable ledger
- Generating financial statements and A/R reports
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining A/R accounting policies and procedures
- Responding to customer questions and resolving issues
- Clerical functions such as billing, estimates, monthly statements, etc.
- Posting payments to the general ledger and conducting daily cash reconciliation
- Making collection calls on outstanding accounts
- Submitting delinquent accounts to attorney or outside agency for collection
- Manage and reconcile health insurance billing
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Click Here To Apply