At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world’s most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world’s most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
Back to Job Navigation (About)
1. Develop independent estimates for the cost of designed maintenance and modernization work packages;
2. Manage the ship estimating database and software;
3. Independently develop, and review, design specifications for the maintenance of Combat, Mission, Hull, Mechanical, and Electrical Systems;
4. Provide recommendations for the update for LCS 1 Class ships technical publications;
5. Validate and document material deficiencies on LCS 1 Class Ships;
6. Travel (20%-30%) and work in a shipyard/shipboard environment.
BENEFITS OF EMPLOYMENT:
We may not know what’s going to change the world next, but chances are we’re already working on it, and you can, too. As part of our culture of innovation, you’ll have outstanding benefits and amenities, an inclusive work environment, ongoing career development and support, rewards and recognition to honor your hard work, and more.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE BENEFITS YOU CAN ENJOY:
- Medical (some LM locations have on-site medical)
- 401k (with generous matching)
- Paid time off with flexible work schedules
- Work/life balance, family-friendly environment
- Career development, career-growth, and lots of learning opportunities for aspiring minds
- Knowledgeable, encouraging and engaged leadership
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
- Generous Tuition Reimbursement
Whether you’re new to the area or just like being socially involved, we encourage everyone to explore among our many employee networks and employee resource groups we have on site. Whatever your interests, there’s likely a community for networking, becoming familiar with the area and enjoying common activities with coworkers.
Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package. (https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits)
We support our employees, so they can support our mission.
1. Experience developing ship repair work packages based on:
a. Effective knowledge of ship hull, mechanical and electrical systems implementation, and integration.
b Effective knowledge of ship navigation, communication, and combat systems implementation and integration.
2. Ability to research design and implementation issues, read and translate ship drawings, and communicate implementation approaches and deficiencies.
3. Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities.
1. Ship Repair Cost Estimating Experience.
2. Underway assignment aboard commercial or military ships.
3. Navy ship engineering and systems familiarity.
4. Ship Design and/or ship repair facility experience
5. Navy maintenance process and resources familiarity.
6. Experience with Joint Forces Maintenance Manual (JFMM) and specifically with the development of 4E Work Specifications.
7. Navy equipment and systems expertise. Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4×10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Miscellaneous Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Click Here To Apply