Who Are We?
Anchor QEA is an environmental science and engineering consulting firm that improves the environment and our communities by solving challenging problems. We employ more than 350 people in offices around the United States. Our vision is a growing company that is our clients’ first choice for solving their most challenging problems and our employees’ first choice as a company where they want to work. We believe engaged staff lead to great client service and to a financially strong company—in that order. Our work environment fosters personal and professional growth for employees by providing autonomy, a clear vision, and the ability to master their skills sets. Learn more about us at http://www.anchorqea.com.
What’s the Opportunity?
Anchor QEA is seeking a full-time junior-level geomorphologist in our Bellingham, WA office. This position will support habitat restoration planning, analysis, design, and construction projects throughout the pacific northwest. The applicant will have 0-5 years’ of experience on river, stream, estuary, and coastal restoration projects providing field assessments, data collection and analysis, fluvial geomorphology, and restoration design and construction. An M.S. degree in fluvial geomorphology is preferred. An understanding of and experience with fluvial, coastal, and estuarine systems is required, as well as experience with GIS and CAD platforms and standard hydrologic, hydraulic, and data analysis software. Proficiency in 1D and 2D hydrodynamic modeling is desired, but not necessary. Knowledge of Washington State’s environmental planning and regulatory environment and knowledge of fisheries biology in the Pacific Northwest are desired.
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Performing hydrologic, hydraulic, and geomorphic analysis
- Managing and participating in the collection of field data; completing complex analyses and calculations both independently and with oversight
- Preparing design documents and specifications for restoration projects with oversight
- Development and technical review of project work and reports, as well as assisting in the development of proposals and project budgets.
- Developing construction planning and observation documentation.
- Providing construction observation and management
What Are We Looking For?
Ideal Candidate should possess:
- M.S. degree in fluvial geomorphology is preferred
- GIS and CAD platforms standard hydrologic, hydraulic, and data analysis software
- Proficiency in 1D and 2D hydrodynamic modeling desired, but not necessary
- Ability to excel in a fast paced, detail and client service-oriented team environment and have proven ability to work across disciplines internally and externally
- Work well in diverse multi-disciplinary project teams
- Strong written and verbal communications skills are a must.
What Can You Expect?
A collegial work environment; a competitive salary, bonus program, and excellent benefits, including health insurance (medical, dental, vision, and long-term disability); a generous retirement plan match; and vacation/sick leave.
How Do I Apply?
Please apply online via our careers page.
As an equal opportunity employer, Anchor QEA is committed to a diverse, multi-cultural work environment. Anchor QEA does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability or sexual orientation.
Click Here To Apply