Certified Medication Aide (CMA)
Shift: Double Weekend
Hours: Full-time, 6am-10pm
Licensure: Texas CNA and CMA certificate is required
As the Certified Medication Aide you are responsible for administrating prescribed medications to residents and maintain related medical records under supervision of Director of Nursing by performing the following duties.
- Provide medications and treatments through proper administration procedures.
- Verifies identity of resident receiving medication and records name of drug, dosage, and time of administration in resident’s chart.
- Takes vital signs or observes resident to identify response to medications and prepares report or notifies designated personnel of unexpected reactions.
- Documents reasons prescribed drugs are not administered.
- Receives supply of ordered medications for administration.
- Records and restocks medication inventories.
- Counts narcotics at the beginning and end of shift and records on appropriate forms. Notifies Director of Nursing immediately of any discrepancies.
- Assists residents in activities of daily living as needed and as appropriate.
- Responds to call lights in a timely manner.
- Provides assistance to charge nurses with the cleanliness of the nursing station, medication room and supply room.
- Health/Dental/Vision/Disability/Life Insurance
- 401 (k) Plan and Matching
- Employee Discounts on Cell Phone service, Hotels, Movie Tickets, etc.
- Vacation Time, Holiday Pay and Sick Time
- Take a look at these benefits (and more!) at www.ensignbenefits.com
Legend West Rehab is a modern, state-of-the-art care center, conveniently located at 222 Bertetti Drive, near highways 410 and 90. Our friendly neighborhood setting serves the west side area of San Antonio. We feature 124 beds and beautiful spacious rooms in both private and semi-private settings. Our mission is to dignify and transform post-acute care.
Are you a Certified Medication Aide (CMA) who is eager to make a difference? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of providing exceptional care and making a positive impact in the lives of everyone we serve.
Our Values: C.A.P.L.I.C.O.
Customer Second, Employee First
Passion for Learning
Love one Another
Intelligent Risk Taking
Legend West Rehab Healthcare and Rehabilitation
222 Bertetti Drive
San Antonio, TX 78227
Unable to apply at the moment, or are you interested in hearing more about future opportunities with us? Join our talent network at https://ensignservices.jobs.net/join
Click Here To Apply