AVP – Commercial Insurance Team Leader (Job Number: 335816)
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Chubb is seeking a commercial insurance underwriting leader to execute growth and underwriting business strategies by implementing established action plans and goals for the Richmond branch. The team leader will manage a commercial property and casualty portfolio of approximately $24M in Gross Written Premium and be directly responsible for leading and developing one direct report.
The desired candidate must demonstrate strong underwriting skills in property, products & premises liability, umbrella, auto, worker’s compensation, and/or international coverages. The candidate will be responsible for collaborating with the commercial insurance manager and branch marketing on the implementation of an effective business plan to achieve the growth targets. The individual is thus required to be prospect and target management, cross selling and collaboration with other business units. The leader will also be responsible for $1M – $1.5M of new business production annually.
The practice leader will have accountability for the overall financial performance of this book of business, achieving growth for the branch, region and territory. Responsibilities will also include identifying opportunities for growth within new and existing production sources, operate and focus on specific business initiatives. The candidate will also be responsible for agency & broker planning as well as monitoring of key producer progress. The individual will be responsible for coaching and developing the underwriting team; providing direction, setting expectations, and providing direct feed-back as to the team’s performance in relation to business goals. The practice leader will have accountability for the overall financial performance of this book of business, achieving growth for the branch, region and territory.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 4 to 7 years of multi-line package underwriting.
- Strong sales and marketing skills are critical coupled with the ability to position accounts and close deals.
- Must be able to drive and execute on specific business plans including producer/book management, prospecting, cross selling, and new business development.
- Prior direct supervisory /management experience is a plus.
- The individual must also have the ability to successfully negotiate on all levels with both internal and external partners and develop producer relations.
- They must possess a high degree of proficiency and technical expertise within the risk analysis and underwriting process.
- The ideal candidate must have an exemplary ability to effectively interact with all levels of customers and coworkers across different departments.
- Advanced knowledge of ‘industry level’ concepts including emerging trends, legal environment, coverage, products and pricing strategies is also expected.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite as well as other business-related software required.
- The ideal candidate is highly motivated, results oriented with solid business acumen.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- CPCU and other industry professional work a plus.
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.
Job Posting – Feb 22, 2021, 8:32:06 AM
Click Here To Apply